but overall the first TWO days of our trip were pretty much like any other trip to the beach:
and we were so relieved and a little bit surprised:
{I'm beyond exhausted and have made the executive decision to not "edit" my pictures for fear that I would never do it and this post would never get published. you'll have to find a way to forgive me and overlook the incorrect exposure :)!}
And even though we were enjoying playing in the beautiful oil-free sand, there was a constant reminder that the beach is just not the same right now. Helicopters were flying so low that they were giving us the "hang ten" wave and we could give it back.
oh dear. I can assure you that this was her choice.
again, by choice. we are constant entertainment.
here's the constant entertainment factor again. what I like to call a "too quiet moment" where you search for the girls and are not sure what you might find. I think Lucy's exact words were "uh oh, mama" but she says that about most things.
this had the potential of being an "uh oh" moment too. lucy may have a case of motion sicknessitis. we had two "episodes"
And we have discovered a sting ray viewing area. no swimming allowed, says the mama who has actually swam with sting rays before!
more of "things" you don't typically see. tractors on your beach. at ten o'clock at night.
and in the sky. amazing.
and on the third day, it came. STORMS! which meant the tar came too.
so we grabbed our lulu, kaykay and em and headed to lulu's. of course.
we are the waviest bunch you've ever seen. we'll wave at anything and anybody.
and we must have waved at one million and two barges during our trip. yet another reminder of the "war against oil".
and we also steal drinks. hope you're weren't thirsty, Mimi??!!??
emma had her swimming lessons the week before our trip and while we are STILL NOT swimming, we are mastering going under which I'm hoping is the first step.
a little less barrette showing.
and just a wee bit less.
And I enjoyed the tar view with the newest member of the "tip top hair club":
tar = tears. and since the rest of the week had the same rainy forecast, we realized that our beach time was over {a day earlier than planned}.
while wade packed the car, we played on the walkway and the clean sand near the dunes.
some of my favorite pictures are the ones that don't even include faces. you know the saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words."
even though no words are needed, mimi loves my girls. my girls love mimi. The End.
and if she shouldn't {because you are f.o.u.r.} hold you, she'll fly like a bird with you!!
time to go. cue the "shoulder shrug".
goodbye beach. please be the same when we return in the fall and let the only "tar heel" be our mimi.
So exciting that you not only have a new design & name, but that it is public now too! Oh I love your blog soooo much...even if it makes me terribly miss you and everyone else at home. I need to make a trip back home to B'ham soon...
ReplyDeleteLove the new blog design and name. I need to e-mail you soon! Lots to catch up on.
ReplyDeleteTake Care