Sunday, June 13, 2010

lately

the only way that I know how to describe emma when she returned home from Vacation Bible School each day is that she was RADIATING with happiness. and every day she declared, "now mom, today was the BEST day ever". this is her second year to attend this particular one and if it's anything like last summer, we will talk about "Annie" FOR THE REST OF THE SUMMER!! sorry, Kirk. :)

and over the weekend, emma held her own Bible School with lucy, kate and me. some stories she told exactly word for word, some just a little off but still really close and some included Jesus at disney world??!!??


emma has several Bibles but this one is definitely the crowd favorite and is coming apart at the seams. and I just cannot bear to throw away the pages that fall out.


we've also been doing a LOT of this. I really want to get my own bike so that emma and I can ride together. I spotted a turquoise one that has my name on it. okay, who is laughing!??!! ugh...do I have to wear a helmet??


and lucy and kate have been doing a lot of this BY THEMSELVES!! we are "working" on stairs and they're doing great but I think I stop breathing everytime.


more of this:


and it's a lot more slipping than sliding by all three. in fact, there really is no sliding. I think it's going to require Wade to show them how it's done.


oh mercy. just standing over the water, letting it slap her in the face. and loving every minute of it.


it's just too much:


and speaking of disney world??!!?? we are booked and ready to go in T-minus 180 days.


unfortunately the youngest two will be staying here. mainly because they are busy messes, who would absolutely hate being stuck in the stroller the whole time:


they also require naps and early bedtimes which are both forbidden at disney. we have not "booked" who will be watching the girls while we're gone. Wade doesn't understand how it breaks my heart to leave them with non-family members but it's our only option it seems.


and I have been trying my hardest to get a picture of the twins together. you get one looking and semi-smiling:


and then BAM: you lose her and then the other one smiles.


and unfortunately, I missed a photography course that I had my heart set on because life got in the way and I just couldn't get out of the door, in the car and where I needed to be, when I needed to be there. Sigh. I only sulked about it for four maybe five hours. and then continued on trying to get semi-good pictures but I really need an assistant. and that photography class. and maybe I'm still sulking. just a little.

2 comments:

  1. What's new with T.A.P.E. + C & T ??June 14, 2010 at 7:45 PM

    Nooooooooooo!!!! Not Annie!! How can she?? I made an effort every day to say, "Hi Emma" in my best "Sid the Science Kid" voice. Guess she wasn't feeling the vibe. It stinks being the boy every year -- only the BOYS like me.

    And can I just suggest...this is ONLY a suggestion...that we round up our kids...go to a Garden (Botanical or Aldridge) and I'll be your assistant and you just snap away. I'll have food...candy...drinks...you name it. Just to give you some practice. Whatcha think??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I say it a lot, but seriously, you have BEAUTIFUL children!!!!!

    ReplyDelete