Tuesday, June 8, 2010

more backyard friends

to quote my husband, "OHHHH, you got a slip & slide. AWESOME." I am so hoping that he will try it out soon. That my friends, would get it's own blog post. Possibly two. And we had a few technical issues to work through at first with ol' slippy but we figured it out! It's kinda the mac daddy, don't you think??!!??


this was emma's first time and it is a difficult concept to teach your child. "okay, now you just jump forward and throw your body straight down a wet piece of plastic and crash into a pool of water at the end." Hmm...



but lucky for us, we had brought the master slipper and slider home from Vacation Bible School:


and she showed us how to work it:


okay ya'll, I laughed every time they plowed into the water at the end. And not because I'm a mean, terrible person but because they were laughing too out of PURE joy and excitement. Man, oh man, it had to be cold though!


emma's approach was very "army crawl" like


never fully extending the arms so that she would...you know...actually slide:


oh well, she had an absolute blast and that's all that matters!


superwoman:


I love this child like she's my own. I've known her since she was about 3 minutes and 32 seconds old and I spoil her rotten when she comes to my house.


I give her an endless amount of gum and popcorn in a yellow bowl!


and then they made bird bathes out of the pink pools. because they're blue birds. God bless imagination. And unfortunately for some, we were fresh out of lili pads. Maybe next time!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I know a little blue frog who really wanted to join the fun. By the way, you better plan on having that yellow bowl for a long time!

    ReplyDelete