First up, Emma. She looks like me, acts like me, and is my clone child. And kinda has my hair. However, this was the not the case when she first entered the world. In fact, she looked EXACTLY like Wade. But after much discussion with her regarding her labor and delivery story, she decided that she it was her duty to begin to look like her mama - it was only fair.
and lucy and kate also came into this world looking like their daddy and they continue to look more and more like him EVERYDAY!! And have his hair.
When we were married, Wade's parents gave us a book of his baby pictures and it is probably my favorite wedding gift and we absolutely treasure it!!
wade {in what appears to be a denim jumpsuit, gotta love the 80s!!}:

kate:

lucy:
okay, this is too much. I feel like I'm going to pass out. Is that Kate and Lucy or Lee and Wade??!!??

Now I can't help myself. Wade = Lucy; Lee = Kate. The End.

okay, last one. I'm dying here. I love it, love it, love it. THIS is why I blog. So that my own children will be able to look at pictures of themselves growing up. There is just nothing better.

And we love that man pictured in the center above. Around here, he's known as "grandaddy" and he is VERY loved. He chases my girls around the house and makes them scream and laugh. And he also must be very brave, because he and Granna have so graciously offered to keep all of our children for our annual lake trip with friends. When Wade told me that they had happily agreed, I began to sign the Alleluia chorus. Happy Father's Day, Grandaddy!!! This is my favorite picture of him {from this decade}:
and speaking of old pictures and grandfathers. My dear aunt gave me this one of my own dad. Aunt Susan, there are no words.
And I knew I would have to make a copy for Charles and give it to him for Father's Day because he would love it beyond words too. I so clearly remember this picture on the bookshelf in my grandparents house and my grandmother would take it down and tell me the story behind it. I miss my dad. And my grandmother. And my grandaddy. And grandaddy John. But come Sunday, I will tuck those sad feelings away and celebrate the wonderful man who gave me my beautiful girls.
OMG! They look JUST LIKE their daddy! Wow!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so crazy just how much Kate and Lucy look like Wade. Almost spooky. As always, I love the pics too in the last post! And I notice the use of "freezing" the water from the hose--very nice :-) I'm about half way through my photography class now, and love that I finally know how to do all that too!
ReplyDelete