Tuesday, June 1, 2010

all dressed up

we got all ready for our scheduled family picture and as we were heading to the car, I received a message that it had been cancelled due to potential rain. Sigh. I need to reschedule but it makes me really tired to think of getting everybody bathed, dressed, fed, and happy again. And you can tell by all the squinting eyes in the picture below how very NOT rainy it was at the time. Double sigh.


So if you're dressed in your Sunday best, you decide to ONE: change clothes immediately; TWO: pick up crickets:


and THREE: go fishing. Naturally.


And by fishing, YOU KNOW I mean that Wade fishes with Emma's pink fishing pole and we watch:



and we, errr...HE caught TWO but Emma got to reel them in:



and they were only this big:


the girls and my idea of fishin':






hello trouble, how are you today??!!??


ohh, you know just wanting to high-tail it to the open water. the snacks and chairs can only distract for so long......


so we feed the geese goldfish:


because we didn't see a sign that said we couldn't. now why didn't I think to bring the dogs?? probably because we had our hands full...or...that's what I hear anyway??


and they liked them and got a little too close for comfort!


another "happening" in the water was something so beautiful and amazing and I'm going to try my best to explain it. it was a baptism service. a powerful one. The service took place in the water where the person {dressed in all white, from head to toe} was completely submerged. Afterwards, they walked out of the water and were wrapped in a white sheet and the crowd began singing gospel songs. I tried my best to not invade their privacy and also tried to keep my children from screaming because I didn't want to ruin this special moment. I've seen my share of baptism services but nothing so breathtaking.

1 comment:

  1. As always, your photos are beautiful! I am also loving all the posts this week!

    ReplyDelete