Thursday, March 3, 2011

I sure hope so.

emma's class this year has been above and BEYOND my expectations. I am holding on tight with both hands and will be one hot MESS when this school year comes to an end. You would not believe the spiritual lessons they have taught her in addition to the learning experiences. so you can imagine my excitement when this invitation came home in the red folder:


and so I left the little stomach bug ridden toddlers with Mimi and met my sweetheart for a Valentine's tea.


this was waiting for me at her desk:


and this came home with her a few days later for us to keep and treasure:


And the verse on the flower pot reads, "mom, your love is planted in my heart."


OH MY WORD, I hope that's true. And when she walks into her new "big school" next year, I hope that love we have been planting for five years will comfort her and give her confidence when she is surrounded by unfamiliar faces.


and speaking of next year, she is pretty much going to rock it down to china town. sometimes she will hand me a folded note that says, "I love mama" {wade gets very similiar notes as well} and she'll just beam with pride that she knows how to spell. we are however still learning how to fit words right next to each and not carry letters onto the next line {and I'm just now noticing that this looks more like "I love emma" than "I love mama"}!!!!


SOOOOOO now we're OFF for a last minute vacay to the beach. And this time I'll be the one BEAMING from ear to ear all the way down 65 on the way OUTTA here!

No comments:

Post a Comment