anyway, I had to reach out for help on the book situation. If I had left the book selection up to emma I would have first read a story about how a caterpillar morphes into a butterfly {where I would have had to say things like "you curl and strech till your old skin splits loose" ewww} or "Miss Nelson is Missing" {which I LOVE but thought it might be a little first graderish} or "If you give a Mouse a Cookie" {again which I love but thought it might be a little too preschoolerish}. Anyway, several of my favorite kindergarten teachers gave me suggestions and I let emma make the final decision. I knew it was "the one" when she clapped at the end. And we were definitely thankful for library time at Shades Cahaba and this last minute winner, winner!
if you have a girl you need this book. "pinkalicious" looses her tooth and not just any tooth - her SWEET tooth. yikes.
so we took "tooth" cookies for the treat. my mom told me to have them write "sweet" on the tooth and apparently I told her "no". then I called her back a few hours later and literally said, "you know what I should have done, have them write "sweet" on them - how cute would that have been". so not only did I diss her suggestion but I later tried to claim it as my own. wow.

and at the end of the story the tooth fairy brings pinkalious silver"ilious" chocolate coins and tells her to "always be as sweet as your sweet tooth." so we gave each child some chocolate coins to take home. dern if I couldn't find silver ones anywhere {or the two places that I looked} but we figured gold worked too!

and as I am sitting here typing, my little critter is washing dishes {notice gloves below} for which she will be paid a nickel. emma really is as sweet as her sweet tooth. I, however, may need some work.

guess what else needs some work, my tripod skillz. stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment