Growing up, I spent most of my saturday mornings at the ballfield watching my brother play and now I get to watch him coach.
we are planning on going to every game unless we have a recital. because God gave me girls.
I'm pretty certain that his wish was to be on the field too.
And emma was having a moment because we had left her drink in the car. the horror.
and then my mom helped me throw my princesses in the car and the kiddos and I headed north for Ava's
since we are at the tail-end of busy season and wade is DAYS away from his reports being due {!!!!}, he wasn't able to go with us. I had prepared for my solo road trip with lots of snacks, drinks and loveys. What I had not prepared for was the library DVD getting stuck in my the DVD player {which is also the CD player} so we were about to have two hours of mama's music on the way up and two hours of mama's music on the way back. cue my children screaming at the top of their lungs and me checking myself into a mental institution. so I {aka Inspector Gadget-mily} stopped at the next CVS, picked up a "tool" and fixed the dern thing. I sent Wade an email that said, "I think I might just be the bomb." And then I remembered that I had left the birthday present sitting on the dining room table :( I retracted my self-prclaimed status.

and then after the navigation lady gave us a nice tour around the perimeter of florence, we made it to the gymnastics place. {don't get me wrong, I love the navigation lady. every time she gives me a direction, I thank her outloud}
happy birthday sweet ave:
our cousins have major jumping skills.
and reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach:
emma was glued to ava's side from the minute we arrived. speaking from my own experience, God bless older cousins.
lucy and kate feel the same way!!
and then this angel went from this:
to that in about five seconds FLAT on the way to ava's new house!

very, VERY fun birthday. emma declared she wanted to have her party there too. I declared that you have to have your party in the city that you actually LIVE!!
Camden says, "she's catchin' bugs (aka flies)"
ReplyDeleteEMILY!!! I refuse to put any more DVD's from the library in my truck DVD player -- last scenario was having to drive into the "scary" side of Homewood (other side of 65) and had some "scary" man pull the ENTIRE unit out of my truck. I bit every single finger nail b/c (1) I wasn't sure the unit would ever be the same and (2) I wasn't sure what he would charge me. Thankfully it was all good in the end, but he said to NEVER put a DVD into the player if it has that security thingie over the entire DVD...that's what is getting stuck! So, be warned... Such fun pics, though!
ReplyDelete