Friday, January 8, 2010

Let it Snow!

Or Maybe NOT!! We had high hopes of building snowmen and making snow angels but we had to settle for trying to catch snowflakes with our tongue!


Is there anything more heartbreaking for kids than to watch the snow fall from the sky but not stick to the ground??!!?? It felt more like rain than snow so we didn't stay outside long.


Hank was a little skeptical of the gloves at first but quickly warmed up!




So the next day was kinda more of the same with the snow situation! Emma was dying to go back outside and I was dying to stay inside in my 1995 Kappa Delt' T-shirt and pajama pants with my two sick babies. SO - I did what any wonderful mom would do (right Hill??!!??) and I dressed Emma in her winter gear and sent her out on her own with boundary guidelines!


Ummm...I wished I had timed it - she was back inside in under a minute!


And she was sad, very, very, VERY sad (and I was hating weathermen that totally missed this one)


She told me that the only thing that would make her happy was a "cupcake" - can she work it or what??!!??


So we pulled out our "Gourmet Girl" cupcake maker and away we went........





Are you SO sad that you don't have one too - they actually taste a lot better than they look!




So the littlest two are sick - very, very sick! Apparently, at our doctor's visit yesterday, both girls "picked up" the fever virus! When I called the doctor this morning, the nurse said, "I can't even tell you how many people have called here today with high fevers after being seen yesterday". Lovely, thanks for the sharing time at Mayfair! So here are pictures the day before our appointment in happier times and precious pajamas! AND we also learned that KATE now weighs more than Lucy!!!


1 comment: