Thursday, January 28, 2010

A "pair" for each

A couple of weeks ago, we descended upon "Sikes Shoes" and bought Kate and Lucy their first pair of kicks! It took me awhile to blog about the pearly white Keds because they absolutely hate them and to be completely honest, I can count on one hand how many times they've worn them since leaving the store! I really loved Emma's first pair of shoes and wanted to buy the same for Kate and Lucy but they were out of stock and I'm pretty sure that I will be scouring the internet soon trying to find the "striderites" that I truly want!


Kate tried to take them off immediately! When I used to visit this exact store 26 years ago, I aspired to be a shoe sales lady but I think it's safe to say that after witnessing my own children's behavior, I do not anymore!


There were not a lot of pictures taken in the actual store - it was a wild scene but of course we brought along Mimi who is loved beyond belief by ALL the Watkins girls!


Emma is also sporting some new boots and these boots "were made for jumping"! Puddles everywhere should be scared....very,very scared!


Another problem with the Keds is that the girls can totally take them off - easily! We need buckles! WE.NEED.BUCKLES! It takes me fifteen minutes to get the shoes on their feet and only 15 seconds for them to remove them!


Hold on - my children actually sat still for longer than 2 seconds so I got a little distracted:








okay, okay...I'm back...what we were talking about??!!?? Oh yeah....the first pair of shoes! I guess I shouldn't say that they hate the shoes...they just hate wearing them! Kate and Lucy actually really, really love their shoes but their idea of fun with shoes involves their hands and not their feet!






Now if you will just humor me for a minute - this is Emma in her first pair of shoes - you know those Striderites I've been talking about??!!?? I am wanting to jump through the computer and give those thighs a squeeze and steal her shoes! And do you spot the buckles, okay repeat after me, buckles for babies!

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute!!!! Just wait until you have to teach them all actually how to tie the darn things!!!! I agree with you about the buckles. I still hate to hear the RRRRIIIIIP of 6 and 7 year olds pulling on velcro.

    ReplyDelete