Friday, May 13, 2011

what I would do differently

since my brainwaves don't also seem to connect and before this information has left my brain forever, I have decided to post a little reminder for our next disney world trip {in a minimum of two years :)} of the things I might have done differently.

we stayed here, The Grand Floridian.


it was very, VERY nice. and very, very big. and very, very expensive. we really enjoyed our hotel but I think to truly get the most out of the Grand Floridian {with it's beach atmosphere}, you need warm weather which we didn't have. You can also see the fireworks from the pool area but since my child is deathly afraid of fireworks we didn't get to take advantage of that either. Most of our friends recommended that we stay on the monorail and I dare say it was the best advice that we received. We took a vote and next time we will stay at a condo in the Bay Towers in the Contempory {which is also on the monorail} since all of the little cinderellas will be in attendance and Wade mentioned taking grandparents too.

I also wish that I would have really thought through what emma would have been interested in and booked our character meals accordingly. i.e. more princesses:


less mickey & friends. seriously, what was I thinking?? and since the little girls are just as prissy as their biggie, maybe one mouse, the rest princesses. and chef mickey's for breakfast not dinner. yuck. end of story.


And everything I had read said to book early breakfasts so that you could be in the park before it opens to the public so that you could be the first in line for rides and kinda "beat the crowd" all day. guess what. emma lou who could have cared less about the rides and I wore her OUT by booking the breakfasts too early. I might go with lunches next time or later breakfasts for sure!



we will skip epcot entirely.



And oh my word, oh my word. I will book dinner reservations for Tony's Town Square for not ONE but TWO nights next time. It was our favorite meal BY FAR and may be the best steak I have ever put in my mouth.


and emma loved it as much as we did!! which is actually saying a LOT!!


and that's all I got folks. and seeing how my children are deathly afraid of anything dressed in character - I'm thinking that we've got a few more years before we are orlando-bound!!

No comments:

Post a Comment