Monday, May 9, 2011

followed by

it's may 9th so that must mean one thing ....."aaaaa happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear emmmmm....AAAA. hold up.


I 100% threw my August baby a birthday party on my birthday. And here's why. First of all, we plan her birthday all year. no joke. And she really, really, realllllly wanted to have it at our house but we will be renovating in august. plus august is beyond hot which means you have to have an indoor party which also completely throws out having it at our house. And she wanted all her friends from her class to come and ride horses {completely true}. And she is graduating in two days and these six girls who have become SO close over the past year will be going off to different grades/schools and I am so sentimental and sad about it and I know in my heart that a "class birthday party" next year is going to be completely different. SO Wade and I picked all six up from school and brought them to our house for a cupcake party. So there. It may sound crazy but we are crazy and crazy works for us. AND...if you would like to throw your child a birthday party in a completely random month - I highly recommend "May." it was perfect.


And a girl that I met through emma's ballet completely planned this whole thing. since you have forty-five minutes to chitty-chat-chat with the other moms I discovered that she was party-planner extraordinaire and she helped me come up with all the ideas. a "decorate the cupcake" party - who knew it could be SO fun!!









and I absolutely could not have pulled it off without the help from the lady standing in the corner.


emma went with a chocolate/vanilla swirl.



and I just had to throw out all of the tubs of icing because I would have slowly but surely eaten them for breakfast. you think I'm kidding.


ummmm....cupcake pinata?? yes, please.




and guess who got woken up by the squealing??!!?? so they had their turn at decorating!



lulu highly enjoyed her "cake"!


And then group photo time. first, silly faces.


then laughing faces {see if you can spot a recital dress anywhere??}




then then we wrapped it up with present time:



And you know how I feel about a party coming to an end!!??!! Bring it on people....at the very, very last minute {as in the DAY of the party} I literally invited everyone that I saw in my neighborhood or in the covenant parking lot and told them to come over after the party and help me get our money back outta this jumpy thing {that emma and her friends were not as interested in} and much to our happiness they came - lots of them {although I somehow only captured pictures of a few}! oh well. And if I myself was a party planner extraordinaire then I would have thought to send an email to all our non-covenant, non-neighborhood BEST friends and tell them to come jump after naps and party with us too! Alas, I am not and my brain is over-loaded but will remember it for next time!



and lucky for all three of my children, one of those girls that I happened to run into in the parking lot was their best friends mama who happened to not have plans since ballet is over and out. I may or may not have done a little happy dance myself!


and emma FOR SURE did a happy dance!!




and after everyone had left, I debated about letting my children sleep in this jumpy thing. after birthday partying for a straight six hours, we're all exhausted.


really, really exhausted.


so we tucked all the little ones in their beds, I enjoyed a "birthday beer", decorated my own cupcake with strawberry icing, plopped a candle in it and was serenaded by my husband. I have to say...one of the best birthdays EVER!


and yes, there were some key players missing in action today as in our FAMILY members. we have already got the plans covered and will now ask all of our cousins to channel their inner redneck and polish up their rods and reels because we will be taking it state-park style baby! who says you can't have more than one par-tay??!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment