Saturday, May 21, 2011

refuse

I refuse to be sad ANYMORE about this school year ending and intend to welcome summer with open arms just as "southern living" has suggested. but first a little weekly recap....mmmmkay.


first of all, wade has been doing this for SEVEN straight days. three days in new orleans followed immediately with four days at the greystone golf tournament. hello, wit's end...it's me, emily. when he came home on saturday afternoon, emma told him, "mom wants to throw your golf clubs in the trash." oopsy. little ears hear everything. little ears repeat everything.


second of all, school ended. I had the privilege of putting together the end of the year party. It was a lot of work but in the end well worth it and absolutely precious to be able to have all that time to say goodbye to her teachers and watch my child on her last day of preschool.



And kate and lucy had their last day as well and to quote the director, "the girls are her most successful separation anxiety story ever" and she said she "will be telling the story of kate and lucy for years to come". I asked her if she wanted to hang their picture on the wall!!


and I'm not going to go into details because I'm tired and most of the people that read my blog have heard my pity party but we have seen the inside of the doctor's office three times this week including once at children's south. everyone appears to be on the upside and for that I'm thankful. moving on.



I expect that this summer will include lots of bubbles.


lots of picture taking!


lots of picnics!


{and to really get us in the summer mood - I added the palm tree from the "pin the coconut on the palm tree" game from emma's school party}


and most importantly LOTS of pool time!!




peacing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment