she marched in and time stood still for me.
you know when all of a sudden a random memory will just pop up and slap you in the face - well, that happened for me today. I remembered when we were still at the hospital and she was either two days or three days old and she was sleeping in my arms and I thought to myself, "I dread the day that you leave me for kindergarten". and now that day is here. I love this child with every ounce of my being and I couldn't be more proud her. everyone tells you that "it goes by fast" and I blinked and found out how true that statement really is.
but back to the program people because it was precious!
they sang and danced and sang and danced and I cried and mimi cried and granna cried and it was hands down was one of the sweetest things that I have ever seen in my LIFE!!
and each child had to say a line into the microphone. dun, dun, duuunnn. she was NOT a happy camper about this part. the program was called "shine" and was basically about how they were going to take what they had learned at school about Jesus out into the world next year so her line was, "I'm going to shine for Jesus in ballet" {even though she declared last weekend that wasn't going to take ballet. oh well}!
and she said, "I'm going to shine for Jesus in ba" and whipped that head around so fast and I'm sure the childen on the bleachers could hear the tail end of the "llet" but she was long gone from the microphone. Look, I don't blame the girl - I hate public speaking too!
and my prayers all summer are going to include, "Lord please let emma make friends next year that are as sweet as her friends from this class."
and with that, she is officially graduated from preschool even though they still have one more week {HOLLA!!}.
and afterwards we grabbed the little ones out of their class and celebrated at the park with our sweet, sweet grandparents that drove all the way down for this special occasion!
we like to talk about our boo-boos. a lot.
and lucy about gave granna a boo-boo heart attack when she saw her swinging over the slide like this!!
what a special, special day. it was supposed to also include emma's kindergarten orientation for next year at her new school but another mama in emma's class is on the PTA and asked the principal if the covenant kiddos could reschedule and have a smaller meeting on another day so they wouldn't have to leave their program early. apparently he happily agreed and to me that speaks volumes about our new school and the caring attitude. so, little by little, inch by inch, my excitement about big school kindergarten is beginning to match emma's!!
No comments:
Post a Comment