I don't care how many times I watch this movie {which has been almost everyday since Christmas}, I tear up at the end when Andy drives off and says, "thanks guys." just can't help myself. And thanks to our Toy Story friends, we have also had a renewed interest in long-forgotten toys that just HAD to come out of the attic:
And the movie really will make you look at toys in a different light and make you hold on tight to ones that will NEVER be forgotten!
meet "Squishy" {formally known as "puppy"}. he was given to emma at the hospital when she was born by her best friend's grandmother and my best friend's mom, Mrs Montgomery. He is the #1 love in our house and is in almost all of emma's baby pictures:
and because squishy is so special, he has two back-ups {that look just like him except a little less "loved on"}. one is named "misty" {naturally} and one is named well....how 'bout I give you a hint:
yep, the puppy's name is "Hey Soul Sister" after her favorite song {and Lucy's favorite and girlfriend sings the words. no joke}. It might be my favorite name in the whole world. She took "hey soul sister" to school this week to be measured for their math assignment and I so wanted her to tell her teachers his name but she didn't. I think they would have died laughing.
and while we're on the subject of the loves in this house and their names, puhlease give a warm welcome to "David".
yep, named after her first crush. He was in her class last year and every day she would "report" things he had said/done that day. On the last day of school, she climbed into the car and said, "mom, David talked to me today!" so I asked her what she said back to him and she said, "I didn't say anything to him. mom, I was too nervous". OKAY people, this was 4K - can you imagine the teenage years. And then we saw David at the grocery store and at the time she had "david" {the baby doll} on her hip and when she saw the real HIM, she buried the baby doll in my purse like she didn't want him to see her with a baby doll. It made my heart melt and break at the same time. I'm not ready for crushes. Thankfully, there have been no "reports" on any kindergarten boys this year but she did just "declare" who she would be marrying which of course warrants a post of its own!
No comments:
Post a Comment