Monday, February 7, 2011

forever friends

the little girls and I just had the most fabulous lunch with some of the most fabulous people in the whole world and my all-time favorite south dakotian. and other than flinging salsa at my friend and sitting in a dirty diaper {because somehow two days in a row I have neglected to bring a diaper bag - one day I'll learn} everyone was really well-behaved! And I really hope the salsa flinging was a complete accident but my friend is a twin herself so she totally understands!


anyway, I have been a little absent with my posting lately. the main reason is because I have created a whole new blog {catching up emma} that will include posts from when emma was born until I created this blog. I have almost completed 2007 and will link the website once it is a little more finished. For my mental stability, I am trying to get updated well before emma's kindergarten graduation because somehow she has grown up too fast.


AND the reason I started a new blog is because I finally got my blog pulled together into a "scrapbook" {three actually} and I LOVE IT and WANT EVERY YEAR!! And since I am ordering a set for each child, it will be a slow process of actually purchasing so that my husband doesn't faint when he goes through his monthly credit card statement audit. sometimes being married to an auditor comes at a price!

so I thought I would share the two websites that I looked at to make the blog book. You also need to remember that I'm new to the blog book world and really don't have any idea of what I'm talking about except for my own experiences!

I first tried www.blurb.com and this would be GREAT if you wanted to make your pictures different sizes, change wording, really edit your posts. It basically pulled your book together and then you can edit as you please. The way I write {text followed by a picture} didn't really work that well for blurb.com because they didn't have a layout {that I could find} that fell into this pattern.

SO then I tried www.blog2print.com. Hello greatest thing that has happened to making sure my children have scrapbooks. I literally just typed in my web address and three minutes later - A BOOK. the thing about this website is that you can't edit. other than choosing the color of your book, it is what it is. which is perfect for me. you can't change the size of your pictures or your wording but it looks exactly like your blog which is what I wanted. SOOOOO......I went with this one.

so with trying to update two blogs, you might need to just hang with me right now.


and if you'll excuse me, I'm off to post about emma's first trip to auburn. tear.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea there were websites for this. I just might have to investigate. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete