lucy.
kate.
me.
emma.
mimi.
And poor Emma got hit the hardest. It's the closest that I've come to taking any of my children to children's hospital in the middle of the night. That is unless they have pink eye** and it's STRAIGHT to the emergency room ;). Speaking of pink eye, somehow in the midst of the grossness, I managed to get it in both eyes. ouch. and annoying. And I literally refused to leave my house until my eyes looked normal again because they were so bloodshot that I just knew someone would come up to me and tell me, "seriously, emily. crack is whack."
and my new prayer is that I also NEVER see any of my children as sick as emma was the past two days. on sunday, she started to refuse to eat. thankfully would drink anything and everything {so didn't become dehydrated} but absolutely would not eat. she started not being able to remember things and couldn't walk on her own without falling. wade and I finally ended up giving her the ultimatum of eating or we were taking her to the hospital for an IV immediately. FINALLY, she ate. and overnight became "normal" again.
so you can imagine our excitement when it finally appeared that EVERYONE was on the rebound today AFTER EIGHT DAYS OF STOMACH BUG HELL and emma asked if we could go see fish and ducks. so we went. damn straight, we went.
because fresh air is just good for the soul:
and in case you aren't familiar with our previous trip to the emergency room, here goes:
** up until emma was three and 1/2, she had been sick twice. literally, just two ear infections and maybe a runny nose or two. so I was very unfamiliar with how the pedriatician's office worked {especially the after-hours}, since basically, we only visited for the well check-ups. so when emma got pink eye on a saturday afternoon, I took that baby straight to the emergency room at children's without passing go. I signed in, sat down and then looked around the room. a few chairs down from where we were sitting was a little boy bleeding all over the floor. so I started to think, "hmmmm...perhaps this is not where I should have brought my child with PINK EYE". ya think. so after learning the hard way, I now KNOW!!
No comments:
Post a Comment