Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the forgotten one

today I'm feeling sad about my trees. And I'm as sad as I was when I thought we were losing the Toomer's Corner trees {yes, I bawled and squawled when I saw Toomers on the news}. What?? Let me just say that there were some unforgettable moments spent there and ones that were spent "rolling" an important time that had nothing to do with an Auburn win {and everything to do with erin and me and no "everybody has a party pooper"}!! And Wade and I now have a running joke that he actually poisoned our oaks at our house to hate on Auburn and that's why they fell. roll tide roll.

anyway, what in the world was I talking about??!!?? Right, my trees. It's ALL I've talked about for the past 48 hours. Anyway, in the midst of the craziness, I forgot to mention that we actually lost a third tree, our favorite tree actually.


It was a flowering cherry tree and was the BEST climbing tree ever. Somebody pass me a tissue.



This tree only bloomed for a few weeks of the entire year so I was determined to get pictures last month when it was in full force and absolutely beautiful.



lucy would point at the white flowers and say "snow, mama". little precious bean.


And poor little cherry tree.



it probably never saw that big ol' oak a'comin.


UPDATE: yesterday I was sad {when the above was written} and today I'm FREAKED out. we all remember the incident at the ZOO and of course the incident at the first APARTMENT we lived in after getting married, WELL guess what the tree removal people found when they were clearing the debris....a baby RATTLESNAKE. I'm officially undone. Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. RATTLESNAKE??????? I didn't even realize they were in Alabama. My BIGGEST fear are rattlesnakes.... and they are everywhere here. YIKES.
    My heart hurts for the tree loss. I didn't appreciate trees as much as I do now that I live in SD with hardly any trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being that I was the 1992-93 Cherry Blossom Princess from the Cherry Blossom Capital of the WORLD (that's right, Macon, GA is the capital), this also makes me sad about the Cherry Trees! They are a beautiful tree...just as I was a beautiful princess...ha, ha, ha. No, really, I was the princess, but I'm laughing b/c I was not a beautiful princess...think, tomboy, wearing pink for a week. Oh, the stories we'll have in Chicago! I do have to say, your front yard looks TOTALLY differant.

    ReplyDelete