we no longer take for granted when we hear the warning sirens especially after the storm last week was officially classified as a EF-1 tornado. {my children absolutely loved piling up in the hallway by the way!!}
and on saturday morning, we hunted eggs at our church. kate was a little more interested in the riding toys than the eggs.
lucy and mimi were more into the spirit of things!
kate finally came around when we came across eggs for a different age group. oh well.
and then we ran into these stinkers:
lucy's expression says it all and this was so hilarious that I had to steal it after I had "come to their window". 24 hours later, kate is still saying "bunny go bye-bye, bunny go bye-bye." we are not fans of the bunny.

and miss thing missed out on the egg hunt because she headed to tuscaloosa for the A-day game with her daddy. And since I had refrained from buying emma an auburn cheerleading outfit at the Auburn game, I asked him to puhlease not buy her an alabama dress that she will beg me to wear all summer. so apparently he went with the manicure instead. I'll take it. {aunt holly, emma's dirty fingernail has been taken care of ;)}
I also finished ONE pillowcase top this weekend and have decided that sewing is hard. FUN but hard!! Dear Shannon, you are my hero. The End.
and the length of the ribbons is definitely not the only problem with the outfit and if you try to examine it up close I will drop tackle you to the ground. I am about to make a sign that says, "please view clothing from AFAR!!" I'm learning people!
and last but certainly not least we ended our weekend with a family cookout. doesn't get any better than that!

{and if I had taken a picture of myself this weekend, I would have had my nose buried in a book called "Heaven is for Real". you need to read this book, you need to read this book RIGHT NOW. it's about a four year old boy who has a near-death experience and that's all I'm going to say. SO now go get in your car, drive yourself to your nearest book story and start READING!}
You give me way too much credit. I embroider A LOT! I do this so I don't have to SEW. Miss Jennifer is the one I admire... the heirloom dresses wow! My style is more like the pillowcase, simple and sweet. Yours look fabulous via blog!! I am sure it is up close too. I am a little too OCD for sewing... you and I share some of these tendencies. You need to come play on my embroidery machine. At least then I have the computerized part of the machine to blame when it isn't perfect!! ha! I find I like instant gratification and it takes me too long to sew... plus I know all my mistakes and never am as happy with the output as one someone else makes or I buy... even though I see plenty of flaws in the ones I buy too. I embroider here and there for other people so that I can PAY someone to sew for me. This is not meant to discourage you at all...I just want to set the records straight :)
ReplyDeletecute top- are you taking any orders?! i am way impressed. sewing might not be for me if it is hard. i don't think i have the patience anymore. on another note, which son of charles loves to wear the cowboy boots all of the time? LOVE THAT! they are all adorable... but the boots definitely shine :).
ReplyDelete