Sunday, April 24, 2011

easter this year


meant we dyed eggs of course.


I realized that I hadn't done a very good job of getting into the Easter spirit {the commercialization part anyway} when I asked emma if she wanted to dye eggs and she screamed "no" and stared at me with a look of horror on her face.


she quickly changed her mind once I explained that it involved paint, glitter and no form of killing.



EASTER this year meant my oldest got up at the CRACK and we let her view her baskets solo because this mama was tired and coffeeless and not operating at the capacity to wake two tired two year olds to join her. if it had been santy's big day, then it would have been a whole 'nother story!!



when the little girls did wake up I told kate that "the easter bunny had come last night" and she screamed "NO". she got over it once she saw the basket.




the bunny hid eggs in our front yard this year and kate and lucy jumped, pointed and screamed "EGGS" with a mouth full of jellybeans while emma fetched.


EASTER this year meant we tried to take a group picture at the flower cross.


if I didn't love my "assistant" with all of my heart and will love him until death do we part, I would fire him. I didn't realize until I pulled the pictures up on the computer that when he was saying "look girls - is that the easter bunny??!!??" they would have a look of disgust in every one. bunny gets no love unless they are begging for the candy he left!!


the dresses deserve and will get their own post. and if you don't think I'm not going to try and get a "christmas card worthy" one of all three at the beach in these bad boys, well then, you must not know me at all!! please notice that kate is holding tight to her carrot candy. she didn't let go of it until I put her in her crib to go night-night. by the end of the day her reese's pieces took on a very literal meaning!!


EASTER this year also meant that it was hot enough for the pink pools to make their debut!


the water itself was freezing and they loved every minute of it!



EASTER this year meant that by the time the late afternoon rolled in, we were exhausted.


which also meant early bedtimes for the little ones and a chance for me to dive back into my google reader. I gave up reading most of the random {non family/friend} blogs for lent and now I have a little reading to catch up on as in 545 posts!!! actually in reality, I have a lot of deleting to do. there were some that I missed reading tremendously and was crying and laughing so loud that wade inquired and I had to answer "oh I'm just reading about some random girl's trip to the grocery store...BAHAHAHA" and there were some that I completely forgot I even had in my reader. annnnnnnd delete.


and last but NOT least, EASTER this year meant that emma is starting to get it. if you ask her what easter is all about she will tell you that "Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose to be with God in heaven." and most of the time it was followed with "now where's my candy??!!??"

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter Watkins Fam!! I love the one at the cross (only cause I can see their precious faces in other picts)... it is just simple... the dresses are amazing... and I don't know why just needed to tell you that one is a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete