Thursday, October 21, 2010

thursdays

I would like to first start by saying that I loathe thursdays. I would use the word "hate" but every time I use that "word" emma tells me that "it's not a nice word". love the accountability from a five year old. But anyway, on Thursdays we forego naps for emma's ballet. If and WHEN I lose my mind, it will be on a Thursday.

however, this thursday morning I was kicking it. Even doing a little "I got it going on TODAY" dance. Everything was just coming together and everyone was in a good mood and I was even ready for school thirty minutes EARLY, which hasn't happened since we started and will probably never happen again!

and then this happened to Wade's car. Dern you, Murphy. Yes, I am aware of your law. Since I knew that even though it was not my own car, my whole plans for the day went out the window. So I threw my body on the ground and started pounding the pavement shouting, puhlease no, puhleaseeeeee NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOT ONE MORE THING TO GO WRONG ON A THURSDAY!!??!! {just kidding, I wasn't that dramatic but I did mumble a few four letter words under my breath.}


anywho, so long story short, plans changed. and these things happened:

- renewed Triple A then asked to be transferred to the roadside assistance
- got car fixed and had mechanic tell me that I looked nothing like my license picture
- ever so BLUNTLY explained to mechanic that when you have three girls in three years you start to age quickly and question your mental stability and that you are not afraid to scream at people who irritate you
- looked at my driver's license picture and laughed, remembering that the picture was taken hours after I found out that I was pregnant on my 30th birthday and I was crying in the line so worried that I was going to miscarry. But I really had cute hair. I wonder if that will happen again??!!??

- picked emma up at school where she declared she did not want to go to ballet
- I declared that when we make a commitment, we stick to the commitment
- I also reminded her that she happens to love ballet and bounces out of the room each week {which of course she did later this day as well}.
- Then I said things in the bathroom getting her ready like, "Kate, do not put mama's keys in the potty, KATE - no ma'me, do not put mama's keys in the potty; "LUCY - do not pull THINGS out of the trashcan"; KATE - WHERE ARE MAMA'S KEYS??? "oh lulu, shooysho - the trashcan is SHOOYSHO - do NOT touch or put your mouth on it."

- On the way to ballet, I realized that I did not have a rubberband for emma's hair. If you take dance from Miss Andi - you realize that this is a big deal.
- Then I realize that my hair is pulled back into a pony {no surprise there} so I guess she can wear my rubberband but that would mean that I will look like complete crap and not just crap.
- I frantically search for a rubberband in the car and found one - HOLLA!
- Then after dropping emma off in the ballet studio {late of course}, kate, lucy and I went to our secret sofa spot and I let them run wild and I get to sit for the first time all day.

- And I thought about the bible verse that was on stuck on emma's dress when I picked her up from school {and just briefly glanced at when we were changing in the mad chaos} and thought "hmmmm...I think God may be trying to tell me something" because my goodness, we are so blessed to HAVE EVERYTHING that we NEED!


- And then I kid you NOT, I look up and kate and lucy are standing in front of a room that has a rainbow streaming in across the wall. Chills. And then I thought, "wow. sometimes I think God really has to roll his eyes at me and be like, alright sister lou let me take a little more DIRECT APPROACH! I am HERE. Even though you feel like you are completely alone and are burdened with stress. I am HERE." And suddenly Thursdays just don't seem so bad after all.


'cause I got my girls. The ones that could have died so easily. They're here with me, perfectly healthy and laughing at each other.


And if I just take the time to SLOW it DOWN, they make me laugh too! Especially in the ways that they want to be just like their big sister:


And how their big sister informs her friend later that afternoon, "when mamas have babies in their tummies, doctors put a rope around the baby and pull it out." ummm....WHAT!!??!!


his mama is one of my bestest friends and laughed and said, "well I guess I will be explaining THAT ONE tonight" but luckily it has yet to come back up!! So in exchange, I'm taking her christmas pictures for her next week. Which will take exactly two seconds because she has the smiliest kiddos ever! And who knows maybe we'll even do it on a THURSDAY!!


UPDATE ON THE TIRE SITUATION: Wade took the tire in today to have it checked and it was confirmed that someone just let the air out and it was not truly flat. We're pretty sure it was the punks down the street. grrrr. Who has the supernanny's phone number!!??!! I have a family that I would like to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment