- I began my day at the Hollywood baby sample sale.
- kate and lucy began their day at mimi's.
- I told my mom I would probably be back by 10:15.
- I told myself I would only spend $100 at the most.
- Neither of those things worked out the way they were planned. oopsy.
- ANYWHOS - run home, quick lunch for the kiddos and start the search for the ballet items. It starts with, "now where in the world is that silly leotard" to "where the *BLEEP* is that *BLEEPING* leotard" after searching for twenty minutes.
- I find it hanging on the powder room doorknob where it has probably been since LAST thursday. I have a little "talking to" with myself about being more on top of things.
- We get to school early so girls play in the car for few minutes.
- I then notice that lucy's dress is drenched so just strip off the dress and away we go inside like the rednecks that we have become.
- All of my friends are in the lobby watching emma's class {who is still on the playground} and I announce that "I am aware that we are ghetto because neither of my kids have shoes on and only one has on the dress over the onesie and that I can't promise that lucy's drenched dress isn't from potty water". I'm just sayin'.
- And then one of my friends says "well at least it looks like you got a shower today!" {note to self - take MORE showers}.
- after getting emma ready for ballet, we climb into the car and emma says, "hey mom, why is there water all in my drink holder of my carseat??""

- lightbulb moment - lucy has poured all the water from my water bottle into emma's drink holder while I was sitting in the car talking to my sister-in-law, Amy about something that made me go "hmmmm". HENCE why my child was drenched. {note to self - tell those moms that it was in fact NOT potty water}.
- okay think quick - what can I use to get the water out so that it doesn't sloosh on miss prissy pants on the way to ballet. got it. a diaper - they're absorpent right??!!?? worked like a charm!

- off to ballet. kate wants to carry the ballet bag so I let her. what I don't realize is that she throws emma's ballet shoes out of it as we are getting out of the car {please note: the shoeless joes are going in opposite directions and lucy's absence of a dress}.

- drop emma off in ballet {slipperless} and drag twin toddlers BACK to car to retrieve shoes. one of which is throwing a complete fit. in the middle of the parking lot.
- this is the moment of the day where I feel the lump forming in my throat and I think to myself, "I just can't do this." but {with God's help} I regain myself quickly and power through.
- snatch child out of the middle of the road, grab shoes, camera and a pair of overalls for lucy that I just so happened to have in the car {don't ask}.
- return to ballet studio, put shoes on my little cinderella and got to watch her have a princess parade. so cute. so fun. so surprised she picked cinderella over ariel and belle but SO lovin' this ballet.
{who doesn't love the full spectrum of costumes here!}
not even out of the parking lot and this happens {not napping on thursdays is proving to be really hard on everybody!}:
arrive at edgars, buy a strawberry cake for birthday celebration at Amy and Charles' later and two cookies:

emma wanted an auburn one:

so in my political correctedness, I bought kate and lucy the elephant and split it. when I saw the icing this came to mind, "It's got gray icing, I can't even begin to think how you make gray icing." name that movie.

THEN, the unthinkable happens. kate drops her cookie onto the floor and pitches the biggest fit that Edgars has ever seen. so loud. so mortifying. I blame it on the elephant.
BUT after all the stress in the AFTERNOON we got to spend the EVENING with family. the best way to end the day! I love swapping stories with Amy and realizing that YES they all fall from the same DNA tree. her days and my days are very similar and I am beyond thankful to have her. So thankful in fact that I didn't even pull the nikon out of the diaper bag and looking back that was a blessing in itself since I needed both hands to perform a ninja like move to catch lucy by the leg as she fell off of a barstool. always something right!!??!!
and then I finished my crazy day with a trip to the grocery store at 8:45 followed with the unloading of the groceries at 9:12, checking on emma in her bed at 9:13, finding her sucking her thumb {UGH - totally thought we were over that}, sitting down to watch the world series with my husband at 9:16, hearing the pitter-patter of little feet upstairs and then,
her: "hey mom"
me: "yes emma"
her: "I need more water"
me: "okay sweetie, mama will be right there"
until next week....
Steel Magnolias :) Very cute post. Again, you are a Saint, Emily.
ReplyDeleteSUPER MOMMY... I hope you dressed up this week. Cape and all! I love your blog so much! I miss you more though.
ReplyDelete