Monday, October 25, 2010

done and done

so this may be the most unflattering picture of myself of all time and I have absolutely no memory of why I have the crown on my head but OH MY WORD - it is just sums up how the christmas card pictures went. my HEART and my Auburn TIGERS are even WINNING on the TV directly behind me if that tells you how defeated I felt. Needless to say, no group photo for 2010 but there's always next year I guess!


so with that said, raise your hand if you think the christmas card has been completed, ordered and will be in your mailbox on December the 1st??!!??


well......we're waiting......get those hands up!!


meet emma. she is the most photogenic child you will ever meet which would lead you to think that it's easy to capture a good individual picture of her. wrong. she refuses to look at the camera, knows all my "tricks" and demands candy after every cheesy smile. I refuse cheesy smiles. In fact "say cheese" is forbidden in this house. The only way to get emma to look at you and give you her "true smile" is to yell potty words at the top of your lungs. my neighbors think we're rednecks but I'm okay with it.


and now kate. she refuses to look at the camera as well. she either has her thumb in her mouth, her lower lip tucked under {this is new} or she is making "woof, woof" sounds {see exhibit A below}. she also fell down during the first round of pictures and got the biggest knot on her head which caused us a slight delay. what's up murph - I see you over there again and I would really appreciate you and your law leaving us alone!


and finally lulu. I had to take the child to the park and throw her in a swing in order to get her to smile. she's been in a mood lately. I'm just going to leave it at that. oh and if you take your child to the park and they have thin, straight hair, you must consider taking something with you for the static electricity. peace and hair grease.


and while I didn't happen to get one of all THREE, these happen to make my heart melt into a puddle on the floor. emma and kate.


emma and lucy.


and while we're on the subject of group photos, I guess I'll tell you that I had this brilliant idea where I thought I would try and take a picture of just the girls from the waist down wearing tutus. I don't think the christmas card world OR my girls are ready for my creative photography. something about it didn't look right.



And of course I think I like the ones where they are just being themselves more than the posed ones.


yes, socks with the slippers. no comment.




so check, check on getting the cards done before the end of october. next up, finish the shopping in November so that THIS YEAR we will actually be able to truly rejoice in December!

3 comments:

  1. "Throw her in a swing" made me laugh out loud!!! Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should use the picture with you in the crown-love it! Who captured that one?? You are a saint Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with mary! i would absolutely LOVE to receive the card with that pic. on it! i would actually frame it, i think:)

    ReplyDelete