Thursday, October 7, 2010

oldtimers

what seems like a lifetime ago, Wade used to play softball in a CPA league. I use the term, "play" but when a cooler of beer is as much a part of the equipment as the bats and gloves, I think it was really about getting together with friends and having fun. Anywhos, those "oldtimers" rallyed again for two games and played the new crop of "whippersnappers". We went.


But we didn't stay long since it was past bedtimes and I am a little bit of a schedule nazi! We did get to see Wade hit a homerun as we made our way from the car. I said "OHHH Emma, Daddy hit a homerun!!!" Emma, "A WHAT, mama??" Me again "a homerun sweetie, that's really, really good in softball". Emma, "oh, okay. whatever. OHHHH, Mama, LOOOOOK it's MISS ANNE!!!!"


And by the way, I did not really appreciate when Wade would refer to them as the "oldtimers" because that means not only am I married to "oldtimer" but I do believe that may mean I'm an "oldtimer" myself, seeing how I was a fellow employee during that same time period. To quote Emma's new favorite word "whatever."

No comments:

Post a Comment