Monday, October 18, 2010

next up......yellowstone??

SOOO....emma has FOREVER been talking about camping out on our porch. and we have FOREVER been telling her that the weather had to be a little cooler. So she finally got her wish this weekend when it actually felt like fall! first up...smores the "right way":



who doesn't love a roasted marshmellow. I {of course} dropped mine into the grill while roasting with my NEW favorite Target find: $1 "telescoping marshmellow sticks". wade then took over roasting duties.


but we just couldn't get the chocolate to melt properly. so we tried option B: wrap the entire smore in foil and set on grill for a few minutes.


Oh my. I could have eaten a hundred of these.


And then the official camping began. emma and I could have slept out there all night. she inherited my sleeping habits so after one short ghost story {during which I had to shout "puhlease take it down a notch, sweetie"} and listening to both the crickets and the highschool marching band for a few minutes, emma and I were OUT like the lights. Wade, however, is the worst sleeper in the history of mankind {and I freak out anytime he mentions the word ambien} so at 11:30 he woke me up and told me that it was probably too cold and he couldn't sleep so we moved the party inside. I feel pretty sure that we will be talking about this for a LONG time and wanting to do it again VERY soon!

1 comment:

  1. How cute are y'all? And did listening to the high school band remind you of our days practicing on the field? I actually recently downloaded Summer Lovin' (was that the name--the song that we danced to at half-time?) because it makes me happy thinking about those days after school practicing :-)

    ReplyDelete