Sunday, March 14, 2010

saving grace

playing outdoors is going to be my saving grace! bring on the warm weather permanently puhlease! my children are so happy and so content to play with just about anything - even old dog bowls and emma's socks!!??!!


and riding toys that some of us have long outgrown.............



but just a tad bit too big for others - watch out world!??!


and most of the time, we keep the bows locked and loaded:


okay, I said MOST of the time:


and no one even sheds a tear over skinned knees {except for their mama on the inside} and that wasn't the only thing that was "damaged" that day...I'll spare you the details because it has a happy ending and I would hate to point a "sticky, sandy finger" at any of my children!!??!!


And here is my other saving grace - my best friend - someone who I admire more than anything in this world for being such a phenomenal single parent and the person that has been by my side through every up and down in my life - who who sat with me when my world was crumbling around me when I lost two pregnancies and now the person that can walk into my house when everyone and their sister is having a complete meltdown {including me} and lift everyone's spirit. Lucy may be working on her campaign to run for president of Mimi's fan club but I told her that she would have to wait because my term's not over sister! Thank you Mom for everything! May I learn to always capture pictures of you like this with your eyes OPEN!

2 comments:

  1. Awe, your last paragraph makes me teary eyed! So sweet :-) Also, I LOVE, LOVE the second to last picture of Lucy or Kate's knee. Perfectly composed and it captures the age so perfectly! I love her being in mid-step too. How are you liking the new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these girls!! And I have to agree with you, you're mom is the best :-) She was always so sweet and such a joy when I saw her!

    ReplyDelete