Tuesday, August 9, 2011

at the last minute

when wade found out that emma would be starting school soon, he declared "we're taking her back to the beach."


we knew how much she would LOVE it and being confined to mandatory school schedules and not being able to just "pick up and go" at any time makes this family sweat a little. what makes ME sweat is planning a beach trip in two days - my poor Type A had to take a backseat which {I'll admit} can be good for the soul.


and since we didn't have a lot of time to plan, we decided to travel to the familiar although the familiar was VERY booked and we landed at the "Palacio" {just down from our usual stopping grounds}.


it's also right next to the parasail rentals which provided lots of entertainment for the girls {and me} and lucy asked to ride one million and two times. I feel pretty certain I know what her older cousin, charlie, would have been doing if they were with us on this trip!!


but lucy happily settled for the pool.


and jumping off the side with her almost six year old big sister.


and it has been truly amazing to watch emma jumping in and realize that there has been a switch from certainty in her daddy's arms to certainty in her own swimming ability. And it would be impossible to not draw a parallel to her starting big school here.



but kate still needs the arms and that makes me happy.


there are definitely differences when you travel to the beach in the May versus traveling in August but we quickly noticed how much calmer the tide was so the little girls literally threw themselves into the ocean. this surprised me but I'm not really sure why!!??!!





and they would ride the waves until they floated up onto the sand. I like to call this move the "beached duck".


emma doesn't love the waves as much as the little daredevils {which I happen to agree with her on this one} so she spends her time making cakes.


we tried a new restaurant called "Cobalt" because we had heard about it from several different friends and it is a new favorite for sure. the girls especially loved this huge fish tank that was both inside and outside.


I especially loved the view of the bay.


the restaurant is located underneath the bridge that takes you from perdido key into orange beach and is the one that I can CLEARLY remember my dad getting pulled over for speeding {or maybe expired tag}. I think about that every time we pass over it but this time we were under it.


wading in the water and one of my children decided to drench themselves. not to name any names but it was lucy {not pictured because she was off drenching herself}.


we had to take it back to the condo - ya'll...she just can't help herself. girlfriend loves the water.








there's just something about staying out on the beach until the moon starts to peak out from behind the clouds.


and swimming in the dark. prepare yourself...here it comes....it happens every beach post.......I think I could stay here forever.


as in forever. and ever. Amen.



throwing in the air pictures are my favorite. period.


lucy did this cheerleading move every time. go team.


and team kate didn't want to go very high. I love how different they are in everything. to quote emma, "they're twins but they're different people". I love that she gets that.


and on the last night, visions of christmas card picture danced through my head.


yeah right. the girls were so tired lucy could barely hold her head up - probably from all that swimming.


And after our reynolds plantation trip, I've decided that I am going to try and make it in at least ONE picture from our trips.


and why oh why am I not looking at the camera. I'm officially mad at myself.


and why oh why is everything just better at the beach - because it just is. The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment