because our trip to chicago was JUST amazing.
Within a few hours of our plane landing, we were diving into a deep dish pizza at "lou malnatis" and I just remembered that you can actually order on-line and they will ship pizzas to you anywhere {hmmm}. After dinner, we made our way to the roof-top bar at the Wit hotel. loved it.
And guess what else we loved!!??!! this little touristy gem called "howl at the moon". Wade and I were there with two of our favorite people in the whole planet and had one of those magical nights - the kind that is impossible to recreate no matter how hard you try and you know you will be talking about for years to come or even "watch" for that matter as apparently we thought it was necessary to send video clips to our friends who were flying in the following day. {excuse me for a second while I go DELETE those from Wade's phone in case we ever run for president}
And on Sunday morning, Wade and I had the privilege of having breakfast with some of our sweetest family members that we don't see often enough. I suggested to Wade that we need to plan another trip to Chicago soon with the girls and I truly think emma's reaction to the American Girl store would be worth it alone!
After breakfast we hopped on the subway and headed to the cubs game.
pre-game: murphy's; post-game: houndstooth {where I think wade may have been the sole TRUE alabama fan in the whole place but very fun bar}
love, love, loved the stadium - it was like going back in time just as everyone had suggested.
and my absolute favorite part was the scoreboard where you could see people {in the open holes } changing the scores.
and we were definitely entertained by the loyal fans two rows in front of us. I could have watched them for hours: the american flag money cup, the handshakes, the pretzel necklaces, the shouting of "WAR EAGLE"....WHAT??!!?? tis' true.
later that night we met the rest of our group and went to dinner at mercadito's and if you feel like eating 79 tacos a person OR would like to have your picture taken with the bears' quarterback then head here for dinner. I also suggest that you don't mistake him for his 5'2 friend sitting next to him or tell his fiance {update: EX-fiance} that she's much pretty in real life. Go Bears.
Speaking of pictures, our friends also asked a stranger to try and get the buildings behind them and he laid on the ground. I have never in my life seen such accomodating residents.
I might move here except that I hate cold, windy weather. never mind.
to celebrate our independence, the boys walked aimlessly around the city and the girls shopped and lunched.
to celebrate a 40th birthday, we had dinner at "smith and wollensky"
the following day we had lunch at Ralph Lauren's where I wore an Old Navy onesie. It very much exceeded my expectations.
after lunch, we headed here for a boat tour:
And please look at how dry wade and kevin appear on the "sea dog - EXTREME". they appeared this way following the boat ride as well.
the GIRLS however DID NOT. of all the things we did in Chicago, this is the one I could have lived without.
And the girl "throwing yer hands up in the aiyre" booked the extreme version for us where their goal is to drench you {which they succeeded in doing}. Although I will have to say that watching emma "rrrrrr.....ruffff" may have made walking around chicago like I had had an unfortunate "accident" aboard the boat almost worth it. I said "almost".
"the bean" = photographer's dream. I was so thankful that Susan had mentioned it!!
and this time it's official
the do-rag and I are out.