Sunday, June 26, 2011

short and sweet

just like my children, this post is going to be short and sweet because life is still crazy.


first of all, "RAISE THE ROOOOOFFF" {erin, I know you just sang along with me, anyone else??}. we have a roof again. And the sound of the roof being constructed was one of the greatest sounds I've ever heard in my life because hopefully it means that there will be no more instances of me running around like a crazy woman with the children's buckets, with two contractors chasing me, with my children screaming, with the contractors saying "we're not here to take your mommy" and watching water flood my house. fingers crossed.


second of all, please tell me ya'll have a popcorn popper thingy?!!? cooking light told me to buy one and since I obey all things cooking light, I happily obliged and love, love, LOOOOOVE it! so much better than the microwave kind.


AND it entertains my children which is a lovely added bonus


and since our yard and driveway are somewhat "occupied" at the moment, we have taken it to the garage with our craziness.


and ironically, I've discovered it's my favorite place to take portrait type pictures of my children - {when they're facing out towards the sun}, they have really nice skin tones and catchlights and sometimes unidentified dirt on their lip which is probably the result of eating off of the garage floor. gross. somebody please find their mama.


chances are she's the one behind the camera!!


and they will probably have a permanent case of supermarket feet {and why in the world does my hand look like it belongs on a duck???}


we also have added another "emily" to the house. I might be flattered that Barbie has taken on my name except for the fact that someone turned to me at the pool and said, "so you are about to have number four??" ouch. not only did she think that I was pregnant {which I am 100% NOT} but she thought that I was really pregnant. double ouch. after some awkward exchanges and closing of the pool due to thunder, I left the pool that day completely destroyed. I wish I could say that I have blown it off and moved on but I can't shake this one and it's left me having daily quality time with Jillian Michaels and Tony Horton and finding myself in the belk's dressing room with a $198 spanx bathing suit in my right hand {which I ended up not purchasing}. what I wished I would have said is "girlfriend, after you have twins, then let's talk".


and on a COMPLETELY different and MUCH happier note, we ended our week with emma lou who's first sleepover. so fun. so easy. so going to have to do it again!! they told me that they wanted to do prayers on their own so of course I stood at the door because I knew preciousness was about to happen and I literally had to bend over and scoop my heart off of the floor when emma said, "thank you God for today. the best day of my life. and it's not even my birthday"

1 comment: