except to say that it was ahhh...MAZING!!
I was a little worried before our trip that the little girls would hate the sand but then we arrived and they started rolling in it immediately. hmmmm.....
and the rest of our family arrived on saturday and we thought we would kickstart our vacation with dance party USA. wade was the DJ of the night and since we share the same itunes account, my music happened to be on his iphone which was a revelation to him. I think he might have been mortified that he was able to play "Dynamite" and "Single Ladies" upon request.
sam is BY FAR the best dancer of the group and I so wish we had a videotape of his moves. he has a signature pointing that is my personal favorite and I also love his bow at the end. I had some back-lit issues with my pictures so I black and whited some of them and called it a day. oh well. sometimes that little flash would be a good idea!
he was also quite precious dancing with kate.
God love that sweet boy. Lord knows we do!!
and since emma wasn't exactly swimming at the end of her lessons, we tried desparately to teach her while we were at the beach. she can do it. trust me when I say that she can do it but she has an incredible fear and I don't know what to do about it. for two days, I pushed her to the point of her shutting down and then I just let it be and let her have fun and we will continue more lessons back at home.
And when you go out to eat with six children, you tend to try and find the most child friendly restaurants. playgrounds are a definite bonus!
we were asked if they were triplets!!??!!
and our favorite time of the day was on the beach after dinner until sunset. we were out there every night and completely threw bedtimes out the window.
in complete contrast to emma, the little girls have absolutely ZERO fear of the water and swimming. we realized quite quickly that we were going to have to make a Target run for proper floatation devices!! and that is when we found the "ducks" - the world's greatest invention ever made and if I knew who invented these bad boys then I would drive to their house and give them a hug.
it took lucy all of ten minutes to figure out how to take off by herself.
And in a very "lucy-like" manner, she was completely self-sufficient and wanted zero help because "I do it mama". getting in by herself. getting out by herself and everything in between.
and I'm pretty sure lucy learned all her swimming moves from this little man!
this is relaxin' - six foot five style!!
I think I forgot to mention that we chopped emma's hair before we left - I think it is absolutely precious - she wants it long again so we will be growing it back out but I think girlfriend can rock any length!
one of my favorite things about emma is her incredible imagination. I love just to sit back and watch her pretend.
I also love to watch her laugh and squeal with her dad!
emma wanted me to take a picture of her going all the way under - here it is. she's extremely proud of this accomplishment and so are we!
let me introduce you to the water sheriff. kate calls him "whit"; lucy calls him "more" and I call him "whitmore".
and he's the cutest sheriff in all of the land!
also the most fearless - jumps in and swims by himself at two years old - impressive.
and when lulu's has an hour and half wait at 5:30 - you take your crew across the way to the new Tacky Jack's. Wade gave it a "add to the rotation" which is the highest honor a restaurant could ever receive. trust me.
the kiddos really loved it too!
this is the little girls sleeping arrangements. it is shocking to me that they still sleep in the pack-and-plays but I am NOT complaining! and this is more than likely the last trip for the cribs.
because they started doing this:
following the world's greatest naps, we would head back to the pool to join everybody else!
and then misty caroline and I would have about 2.5 seconds to get ready, not brush our hair nor put on makeup and head to dinner.
I told Wade to hold hands with the greatest flight-risk off the boardwalk. whitmore won the award.
oh "sicles" - I have such a love/hate relationship with you. they are so yummy and frustrating all at the same time but the children sure do love them!
And I only forced one group photo on my children. Once their little feet hit the sand, the last thing in the world they wanted to do was sit still and that was fine by me but I had to have ONE!!!
or TWO:
or THREE:
this one is in my all-time top 10 favorites. I love everything about it.
and another reason I didn't push the beach group photo was that certain people's clothes were removed about 10 seconds after our arrival since we are quite the ocean daredevils as well!
and I did pass my camera over to Wade one time and gave him a quick lesson on which button to use to focus since I have changed every single function on my camera. I did forget to change the shutter speed so these are grainy from trying to lighten them afterwards but at least you know that I was in attendance.
pure joy.
the following morning, more of the same:
I'm taking another photography class and we were supposed to practice with creative shadows. this was the best I got.
And for the last supper, we headed back to our happy place - the playground restaurant.
and finally our last night on the beach - I was wishing that it wasn't and I'm STILL wishing that it wasn't!!
And you know what happened next!!
what is the deal with these things??!!?? I could probably ask myself the same question but at least this time it wasn't the Tider Insider but WONDERFUL news from some of our best friends that have been partnerified.
another one that now belongs in my top 10 all-time favorites.
and I'm going to leave you with a game of chase that thrills every one of them to no end! and as whitmore says, "nana, nana boo boo"
I got you.
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment