the winter storm turned out to be a mix of snow and ice {more ice than snow where we live} but we kept our power which was my main concern. The Winter Storm '93 has caused me to shake in my boots anytime weathermen utter those words that make you rush to the grocery store in search for bread and milk.
we were fascinated with the "ice leaves".
and then ate them. I thought it tasted like dirt. emma thought it tasted like ice.
and since emma was not at all interested in sledding, there wasn't really much to do with the icy snow. emma and I took misty caroline on a walk down the street since it was misty's first winter storm. I kept slipping everywhere but emma was doing great so I asked her what she was doing differently. She said she was waddling like a penguin and so I tried it too and it worked. so there we went. waddling like penguins down the street. we of course ran into a neighbor and she said, "oh my goodness, emily you're limping." I could not bring myself to tell her what I was really doing.
so overall, Monday turned out to be a wonderful day. Now I'm ready for this snow to melt so we can get this show on the ROAD again!! we're going a little stir crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment