
on new year's eve, the weather was a glorious 60 degrees {which felt like 90 degrees compared to the temperatures we have had lately}, so we spent most of our day outside! emma and our little daredevil {kate}

emma and our little cautious child {lucy}. the twins are 99.9% genetically the same but they could not be more different personality wise.

the little who will never bungee jump in her life:


the little who will bungee jump off of the empire state building:


and I still refer to them as my "babies" but I think they have somehow become little girls {cue the sobbing}:

and she will always be my baby too! I'm in the process of working on her baby book and my heart melts looking at pictures of that little 9 pound bundle of love.

and lucy rang in the new year with pink eye. can you tell?? very thankfully, the on-call nurse rang in a perscription for us at the pharmacy and we did not have to bring in the new year at the after hours clinic. poor stinker.

and after their baths, kate and lucy ran into each other and kate rang in the new year with a black eye. wade said they looked like street fighters with their boo boos.

emma had no eye drama for the eve:

except for the fact that I can't keep mine off of her. this child will break many hearts in her day.

and completely random but on new years day, I read emma one of my best friend's posts about the blizzard that hit her sunflower farm. she was very impressed with the amount of snow and asked two questions. One: does Mary live at the North Pole? Two: can we move there? So every once in awhile, emma will say, "mom, can we for real move to south carolina?" and I say, "south carolina or south dakota? baby, they are two TOTALLY different places" and she says, "oh that's right, south dakota mama."
If you won't move to South Dakota, I will gladly take Miss Emma :). I love it!! Sometimes I wish South Carolina (mostly during the winter).
ReplyDelete