Tuesday, July 13, 2010

those hours

the hours between when certain 19 month olds wake up from their "naps" {I use that term loosely} and when we eat dinner can be PAINFUL. Painful. Did I say painful already? Because they can be painful. So we have to find ways to entertain ourselves.

i.e. I hear the sprinkler system kick on - "OHHH, look kids.....WATER...if you're able to dress yourself then go get a bathing suit, otherwise hop to it"


of course, she does this. I mean that has to hurt, don't you think??!!??


sometimes we load everyone up in the car and hit the trail riding. One: we will never do this again at this time of the day. Period. Two: If we do happen to do this again {which we won't}, I will not wear a denim skirt because chances are I will end up pushing 80 pounds of children in the bob with a bike on top. Three: they were ALL crying so loud that I think we scared people that day.


emma is begging to take the training wheels off and she is constantly concerned about my whereabouts. at all times. Do you like her new helmet?? I can't help but smile when I see cherries and think of my sister-in-law.


and if and ONLY IF you have help, you take them to ride the carousel:




I think what Kate is trying to say is, "umm Dad, see I think I'm supposed to be the one sitting on the animal and you just hold onto me. see like my sisters, maybe??"


"hey mom, what happened here??"


and most commonly, we stroll on down to the park at the school:


I'll let Wade explain this to them one day. He's the accoutant. And my brain quit working on me.


and as I watch them play together, I fight back tears, knowing that in a year, emma will be playing at this park with her kindergarten friends and not her sisters. and maybe I should hold on tight to "these hours" as painful as they can be and embrace our time together. because it's starting to feel like it's going by too fast!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite posts... maybe just because I can relate. xoxo

    ReplyDelete