I cannot believe that my dad has been gone for nineteen years. today. and even after nineteen years, I still have some days where my grief feels so thick that it's hard to see through it.
And I will say that one "gift" of having a parent as your personal angel is that they are always with you. always. when I'm in one of those moments where I am feeling completely overwhelmed, I can almost hear him saying "you're doing a great job goose, just hang in there." and I'm okay.
emma asks me quite frequently, if "I miss my daddy" and I always say "everyday. I miss him every.day." but on this day. each year. I really miss him. and my heart aches.
Thinking about all of you today!! love you
ReplyDeleteI love you and I am thinking of you, my friend!
ReplyDeleteWow. 19 years... so hard to believe. You know he is looking down at you and your beautiful family and has a huge smile on his face. He would be so proud of you. I am thinking of you and love you!
ReplyDeleteMary