Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the "bob" twins

please give a warm welcome to Lucas and Kato, formerly known as Lucy and Kate:


on Saturday morning, Wade and I threw caution to the wind as Jerry Tracey {with his sleeves rolled to his elbows} declared to take cover from the severe thunderstorms and we took our baby girls to get their first haircut. For reasons that I'm too tired to explain, we decided to try a new "salon" and I'll share a few the "haircutter's" words with you {in BOLD} followed by my THOUGHTS {in parenthesis}:

HC: "hold on just one second, I HAVE to finish applying my mascara, you know how that is!!" {take a good look lady, do I LOOK like mascara is a major concern to me as the only makeup that I am sporting is what is left from my girls' dinner at Jinsei the night before}

HC: "okay, go ahead and put her in the chair, little girls LOVE sitting in the chair" {umm...do you see the death grip that my child has on me, that is absolutely not happening}

HC: "so do you want your childrens' hair to look identical because I really have NO idea how the other stylist is cutting Kate's hair??" {are you kidding me, I just told you that they are IDENTICAL twins - get your behind down there and make sure ya'll are cutting the same way}

HC: "Lucy, Luuuuuucy, can you look down for me sweetie???" {oh my dear Heaven above, have you never done a first haircut before - the only commands that she understands involve teethbrushing and eating}

SOOOOOO needless to say, I will be tucking my tail between my legs and returning to our original "haircutter" from now on out and maybe she can fix the new "do" and we can return to looking like girls. And I have no pictures of the actual haircut itself because I was too busy trying to keep Lucy from screaming but I would have hired someone if I had known that poor Wade would have to be drapped in a pink cape while holding Kate although that probably would mean that I would also be in the pictures too with my ponytail and no makeup so maybe we're just better off!

an "after" shot of Kate:


an "after" shot of Lucy:


Kato loves playing with cars!


and Lucas likes to do whatever the dogs do!


and it is just as hard to get a picture of Lucas and Kato together as it was to get one of Lucy and Kate!



and even though I asked the haircutter {nicely} to please check Kate's haircut so that they would indeed look identical - they do not have the same "do" - Lucy's hair is longer in the front and shorter in the back! I'm thinking about trimming Lucy's hair a little - who thinks this is a bad idea???!!??


and a little birdie told me that hair does actually grow back and this will be the first of 2 million and two haircuts so who's stressing???!!?? Not US!


And because I CAN, here is a picture of Emma's FIRST haircut. No joke, she was three {and a quarter} and I was pregnant with Lucy and Kate!! What a difference, curly hair makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment