Thursday, October 15, 2009

When the Cat is away...

SO..........Wade is off on his golf trip and we had a little team spirit celebration here at the house in his honor! Please notice that they are only wearing the colors of our beloved team and not anything with the "Loveliest Village On The Plains" logo. And I will say that they had returned to "neutral" colors well before any kickoff so I'm pretty sure I was within the rules of my overly superstitious husband!
Please know that Wade is very aware that this was going to happen because I informed him before he left that it would indeed take place and he told me that he wasn't surprised because "I do this every year". Hmm......my memory is truly foggy on that one but he very well could be right - sounds like something I would do! I also told him that when I went on my "girls trip" in the fall that he could dress them head to toe in crimson and write "RTR" on their foreheads but funny how I didn't seem to find anything that looked like a girls trip on my calendar. But TOTALLY not complaining as I (along with Wade and three other couples) will be skipping down Bourbon Street in T-minus FIVE days! War Eagle everybody even though the Littles didn't bring us much luck tonight!




Lucy and Kate thought the shakers were very fun new toys but like everything else they eventually ended up in their mouths so the party had to come to an end! This was also our first attempt at bows and I'm not sure we have enough hair yet to pull off the look. Surprisingly though, they were very uninterested in them (probably more that they were unaware of them!)


We attempted a "group" photo and it made me realize that our Christmas card picture is going to be an extreme challenge that will require some major constraining devices! Emma is not sporting the orange and blue attire because she is the "switzerland" of the family and pulls for both "mommy's team" and "daddy's team" so I decided to keep it that way!



Most of the pictures looked like this:



Here is a little blast from the past! This was Auburn's Homecoming two years ago and Emma is actually wearing (a much bigger) version of the same outfit that Lucy and Kate are wearing in their glamour shots above!

1 comment:

  1. have a blast in New Orleans! if you come back and still need a fall girl's trip... come on, we could definitely do a playgroup christmas shopping excursion in ATL. -Shannon

    ReplyDelete