I feel like this Halloween was a lot of "live and learn" moments:
First, Mimi is not allowed to go out of town when a "group" picture is in requirement! The person that I took my "til' death does us part" does not consider it a top priority to take pictures of his children dressed in costume. Thankfully, he does have a different opinion on Christmas pictures! So of the 218 pictures that were taken, I clicked 216 of them all by me, myself and Emalene! And taking pictures of three children is really a two/three adult minimum but somehow (probably with a little bit of divine intervention) we got cute ones!
Second, Emma had a change of heart on which princess she wanted to be halfway through the day and she "swam" down to our neighborhood party instead. I have learned to pick my battles and this was not one of them! It was definitely not a big deal since Lucy's costume looked more like a "cow" than a "skunk" and Kate's headpiece was too big and the poor thing lost vision with it so she only wore it for maybe a total of a minute the whole day! So for the halloween party, we were Ariel, a black furry thing and a gray furry thing and for trick-or-treating, we were back to Snow White with two tired babies in pajamas!
Third and finally you must warn your children that there might be gorillas lurking behind doors. Please look at closely at the second and third "door" pictures and if we had had a stopwatch last night I feel pretty certain that Emma would have broken some kind of record for sprinting! And for the rest of the night I heard "Mama, I'm scared of gorillas, I really thought it was a real one!"
Overall, we had a very HAPPY and fun halloween and Emma is already talking about next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment