Saturday, October 10, 2009

To the rescue......

Charlie had his 4th birthday party on Friday - fireman theme! The fire truck took rides through the Canterbury parking lot - also which was housing guests for a wedding ceremony!


This is Emma's "I'm very interested but not quite sure" look - we see this with any new experience!


The birthday boy didn't sit down much so I seized this opportunity for a picture:


But guess who else I found "sitting" - ready for a perfect photo op:


Here is Mimi and Lucy and if I had to guess she is telling Lu that she will sneak her cake when I'm not looking:




Kate can work her thumb just about anywhere:



Emma really enjoyed the fire truck rides even if no one else was riding at the time:



Wade asked her if he could join her and she told him "no" - she is four going on fourteen and refuses to have anything to do with her parents at birthday parties, field trips, etc



So I turned my attention back to these little stinkers:



I am very aware that my children are not dressed appropriately for fall but it was 85 degrees, VERY humid and these outfits were left in Florence for most of the summer so I went with it!


This is the look that Kate sported whenever she was not being held at the party:


Can you spot the person who is the MOST excited about the fire truck ride?? Here's a hint - she shares a birthday with Charlie and is sometimes referred to as "ol' Memaw" in this house!


Here is a toy that NEVER gets old:




I know this is not the greatest picture but I would like to prove to you that I DO exist and am not an urban legend. I am the one behind the camera 99% of the time and can count on two hands how many pictures that I am in with the babies! My precious children are just so thrilled to be posing with me!


Charlie is more like a "brother" to Emma than a cousin and it has been this way since they were six months old!



This picture pretty much sums it up: Kate is insisting that she is held, Emma is in charge of Lucy and loves it, Sam is trying to make his getaway, Charlie is trying to get Sam to do what his mama wants him to do and sweet Whit is just smiling away! Here they ALL are in their glory - ol' Memaw (otherwise known as Mimi) with her six grandchildren four years old and under!


Oh, poor Whit has no idea who he messing with!



Kate was "put down" again - UGH!


Whit decides that it is in everyone's best interest if he just sits on Kate! Shortly after, the monsoon stopped so we packed it up and went home to throw everyone in their beds!

1 comment:

  1. awwwww! The girls are SO big! I can't believe it!!!! can those be the same little girls I met almost a year ago???

    ReplyDelete