instead we headed east and took the girls to Reynolds Plantation which ended up being a new found paradise.
seriously, you need to go there. we loved it so much we're planning another trip in the fall and it all started with Wade wanting to take a golf lesson in Eatonton, Georgia and my mom saying, "well, you know...there's a Ritz near by." hmmmm......so I googled the place...
and found that the resort is located on a lake.........okay, twist my arm.......we'll go too!!
and it has an infinity pool that overlooks the lake....oh well, for crying outloud........people, are your bags packed already!!??!! yep - this is my family in the pool not the lake, I promise!!
and I filled the role of "family photographer" on friday night because I knew I would be filling the role of "single mama" the next day while wade was gone for
and I couldn't help but reflect on how far emma has come in her swimming this summer. so, so, SO proud of her!
and I was really surprised to find how child-friendly the resort was - typically I don't put Ritz Carleton and child-friendly in the same sentence but it truly WAS with a nice, new playground:
basketball courts {where emma played in her pencil skirt and flip flops}
FANTASTIC tree swings located all over place
snow cone carts {my children had two in two hours}
a choo-choo train ride that lucy and kate loved so much that they are still talking about it!
and of course hammocks.
this was the life.
and of ALL the things we did, emma's favorite was the tree swing.
and lucy's favorite was the boat with daddy"
kate - not so much. she lasted about five seconds.
so then emma had her own one-on-one time {the sun was going in and out of the clouds so I was having some lighting issues which is why the colors look so different in these pictures}
and definitely a family favorite were the nightly smores at eight o'clock. we may be moving here if we win the $92 million lottery.
and now I'm ending this post with emma's favorite picture from our trip but I'll be back at some point because we made a little detour on the way home and I need to introduce you to the new "Anne" in our lives!!
No comments:
Post a Comment