Friday, July 15, 2011

milestone week

last sunday marked the twenthieth anniversary of the plane crash that forever changed my life. And I found it hard to breathe that day.

emma has been asking over and over about how my dad died and I thought for a moment about sharing his story with her but I prayed for the conversation to be led by the Holy Spirit and so far I've only been able to get the words, "emma, there was an accident" and then something stops me {i.e. mass amounts of tears} so I know it isn't quite time to tell her. yet.

So instead I have decided to tell her all of the great things that I want her to know about her grandfather. And to quote Charles, "Dad had such a positive impact on so many people, especially kids, and specifically the boys and girls who seemed to need some extra help and encouragement." Oh my, it's just so true. And by the way, my brother is exactly like my dad which makes my heart swell so much it feels like it might burst sometimes.

Anyway, there was a little RANDOM ray of sunlight on July 10th of this year. The Easter bunny had brought emma this butterfly garden because she has basically begged for this thing every time we have waltzed down the "as seen on TV" aisle at walmart. I have resisted buying it because of my disdain of bugs but the easter bunny is apparently sweeter than me. Anyway, we received the caterpillars a few weeks ago and I just KNEW they would hatch on July 10th. I know that sounds weird but that is exactly what happened.




and my favorite kindergarten teacher in south dakota had warned me a while ago that you need to let them fly free sooner than later so even though I think we could have kept them for a few more days, we released them the day after they hatched because I definitely didn't want anything to happen to the beautiful creatures that brought me joy on a day that usually only holds sadness!


and speaking of JOY, the laughter that ensues when these six reunite will ring in your ears for hours. they truly love each other.


and we were beyond excited to celebrate with our aunt susu for her 50th. she received a little "help" with the candles!!


and last but certainly not least, wade and I celebrated nine years together. I have been promised that this time next year for our TENTH, we will be sitting in the sand together and someone will be bringing us drinks with umbrellas. and my favorite part of this year's anniversary was when wade said {really seriously}, "sweetie, I didn't have time to get you a card" and I replied, "HA, me EITHER!!" and then we high-fived. I consider the comfort and security that we have in our message a true blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment