because she knows that if she wants to keep up with him {which she does, trust me}, then she's got to buckle up, enjoy the ride and throw
and to be brutally honest, we have been struggling around here. This week, emma has had an "I am Four, Here me Roar" attitude and behaving in a manner that is very defiant, which is not like her at all. If you had seen us "communicating" in the driveway the other day, I feel pretty certain that you would not have recognized EITHER one of us and I believe I even uttered the words, "while you're under MY roof, you'll live under MY rules" - what am I eighty years old??!!?? I knew being a mom was going to be challenging but I had no idea that it would be this hard. There are moments where I have to let my knees hit the floor and ask for guidance. and patience. and patience. and guidance.
And later when we were BOTH exchanging apologies {admitting to her when I'm at fault too is as hard as it is important}, she said, "you know mom, nobody's perfect all the time, nobody but Jesus" so with that we'll just take our imperfections, try to learn from our mistakes and do the best we can. Because I love them, with every inch of my being...I love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment