Friday, November 6, 2009

What a Day!

Today was one of those days that I like to call "challenging". I won't go into any details but just imagine three sick children, one exhausted mama, construction that has officially moved indoors and an unexpected power outage that lasted a few hours. The garage door was unforunately left in the upright position and we needed the beloved power to properly shut it which meant that I was forced to stay at home to guard my house and personal belongings from the burglars that are lurking around every corner in my neighborhood, literally! You know it's bad, when your project manager turns to you and says, "Emily, you need to get yourself a babysitter!" Amen, Joe, AMEN! Needless to say, all of the above caused this child to be a tad bit fussy:


And never to be forgotten, this child was equally as fussy:



So I tried and tried and tried to make screaming babies into happy babies and when all else failed, I decided we would just go ahead and eat dinner. BUT I looked at the clock and apparently it was just 3:45 SO we needed something to bypass another hour so I turned ONCE AGAIN (third mention on my blog) to the miracle food that is called, "Puffs!"


This silly mama thought I would actually use this thing that is commonly referred to as a "bowl":


What in the world was I thinking!


Oh well!


This was the only thing that made my children happy on this LONG day so trust me when I tell you that when the first puffs were long gone, I just poured the rest from the container directly onto the floor and bypassed the bowl all together (cringe).


Lucy said that if you were in my shoes - you would have done the same thing!


Emma missed the snack-time on the "farm" because Wade seemed to have picked up on my tone earlier in the day and decided he would leave work early and rescue Emma. She had been my saving grace all day and she deserved a little one-on-one with her daddy. As they drove off, I just stood in the front yard waving my white flag for surrending! Only kidding BUT just when I thought I had things back "under control", I turned around and discovered this:


But alls well that ends well and we ended well! We like to call this "our school picture hair"!





No comments:

Post a Comment