Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's that time again

over the past three weeks I have attempted a backbend, a toe touch and a herkie for my children. I have performed the dorian movements to "On Broadway" {which I now know that I will remember until the day that I die because it came back without hesitation} and I have taught my children the cheerleading moves to "Glory, Glory to ol' Auburn". And over the past three weeks I have realized that I am old. And my back hurts.

So here is a quick recap of our drama.

first - we went on a school field trip to the park for the little girls. BEYOND fun. we were the last to leave and loved spending time with forever best friends.


and new best friends.


we're still walking to and from school everyday and I'm still loving it beyond words. when we get home kate and lucy play "mama and ruth" and push the Mountain Buggy and Bob. it is hilarious to listen to them and then you realize that they are LISTENING to EVERY word we say because sometimes they repeat it. uh oh.


emma is still really loving gymnastics and still will not let me stay to watch. So as far as pictures, this is all I've got to show you. I did sneak in for literally two minutes at the very end last week and she was smiling ear to ear and high-fiving her coaches. we've come a long way baby.


lucy lines up her cars every single day of her life and takes it very seriously. I thought all children did this because emma did the exact same thing but then a friend of mine saw her cars one day and said "that is the most hilarious thing" so I took her picture so that I will remember it always.


lucy also has started doing this thing where she comes up to me and looks me straight in the eyes and says "Mama, I like you" and then pats my back. It's pretty much my favorite thing that she has ever done. And then I tell her, "lucy, I like you too."


soccer is still GREAT but emma is still a little nervous about kicking the ball during the game. HOWEVER, girlfriend had two goals last Sunday. The first one happened because one of her teammates kicked the ball towards her and the ball literally bounced off her shinguards and rolled in. Priceless. BUT the second one was ALL her and my heart just about burst.


she's also the only one decked all in pink which I absolutely love.


the little girls and I dropped emma off at a birthday party this week and lucy's heart broke into pieces when we turned and left and she would not be partaking in the "jumpy thing" so I pulled ours out back at home. when lucy's feelings are hurt she makes this face that will send my mom running back to waitress' stands and me lifting 500 pounds of nylon.


it was worth it.


and this little angel has turned into the biggest daddy's girl you've ever met. she has declared the space under his right arm as "kate's spot" and will scream at anyone that gets anywhere near her territory. she's a smart cookie.


and we have been living outside now that the weather outside is PERFECT. the dogs are ready for us to move it back indoors.


quick trip to the zoo after ballet with one of our best friends.


where the only time we sat still was on a tractor.



the baby lions are precious and I could have watched them for hours. there was a lot of pestering going on with the cubs and it reminded me of home. sigh.


REALLY all of the animals were very active and were especially fun to watch - I declared it a "stellar zoo day". At one point the gorilla jumped like a human. No joke.


AND my favorite thing we have done over the past three weeks was without a doubt - watching emma with the highschool cheerleaders.


I was a single mama for the game because Wade was on his golf trip and I was a little stressed to say the least because I knew parking would be crazy so we got there early. REALLY. early.


I can take three small children to a highschool football game by myself but I cannot get said small children to look at me for a picture. oh well. we were there and we had spirit. And Lucy's spirit came in the form of one of my proudest moments when the football players ran out onto the field and she yelled {loudly} "Go Auburn." thata girl.



and we were really tired - it was past all of our bedtimes and this has been one of our craziest weeks which of course coincided with wade and my mom both being out of town. it happens every time!


and Emma just loved every minute of cheerleading. She was yelling and jumping and having so much fun with one of her new best friends from school. I have three million pictures from that night and I love every single one of them.


And coming from a girl who used to stand in the middle of a football field with a gold and green sparkly outfit, million dollar red lipstick and tall white boots I could not be happier with where we have decided to raise our children. While I am thankful for my childhood and the memories and friends that I hold in my heart from Mountain Brook, I love Vestavia and I very much feel like God placed us in this community. The friends that we have made and the happiness that Emma feels towards her school are priceless. Go Rebels.