Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the october episode

it's fall ya'll and we're exhausted and crazy busy so I'm going to try my best to be brief but I'm not promising anything. so on your mark, get set, POST...

first on the agenda was the pumpkin patch in hayden. I gave it five stars.


my mom went with us which was an added bonus for the girls and ME!!




but my hands down favorite part was kate on the pony ride. I don't know if you remember but the last time we rode horses, she stayed firmly planted on my hip but this time she kept saying, "kate do it too" and I personally thought it would never happen because first of all some strange man had to actually place her on the horse and my children are not a fan of men. So when she was hoisted up there, she turned to me and had this huge look of pride on her face like "I DID IT" and I loved every minute of it. This is now one of my top ten favorite pictures.


lucy of course loved it too.


emma on the other hand was not a happy camper because lucy got to ride the white horse but the sweet men working the pony ride let her ride twice {the second time ON the dern white one} which made up for it. I think.


okay. let's talk soccer.


things emma enjoys about soccer NUMBER one: swishing her pony tail when she runs.


NUMBER two: laughing with the boys on the sidelines. I know. uh oh. {word on the street is that her sisters exhibit this same behavior at school}


and last but not least NUMBER three: high-fiving the coach when the boys score all the goals. please notice that I did not say anything about kicking the ball, scoring goals or anything really remotely to do with the game.
She claims she loves it and is begging to play again in the spring so we're going to give it another chance but she's got a long way to go before convincing me it's worth THREE nights a week next fall mkay.


but she does have one good looking group of fans if I do say so myself!


moving right along to kindergarten. she's rocking it and came home with a "Good Character" award. When I asked her if she knew what "character" meant she said "of course mom, it's people that dress up and dance on stage". LOVE IT. bless her sweet soul - I would love to know what she was thinking when she was called to the counselor's office to receive an award for dancing on stage.


continuing on to the class field trip to the PUMPKIN PATCH ahem. anyway, it was really, really fun and I really, really love emma's teacher. This has nothing to do with the field trip but we had emma's teacher conference for the first nine weeks of school last week and my favorite thing that her teacher said was when I asked if emma participates in the group discussions she said that emma very much does which surprised me at first because this was not always the case in preschool. Anyway her teacher explained that at the beginning of the year she could tell that emma was a little shy and hesitant about raising her hand so she said she would watch her eyes and could tell if emma knew the answer and she would say, "okay Miss Emma now I KNOW you know the answer so why don't you tell it to me girl" and she said it only took around three times of doing that until emma started raising her hand on her own every time. I LOVE IT! I love that in a class of 19 students she realized how to make my child feel comfortable and work through her shyness. To quote Wade, "emma couldn't have a better teacher."


and she couldn't have a sweeter class either.


emma's favorite part was picking cotton. the whole time I kept thinking "I know there is a damn snake in here somewhere."


emma and her BFF and at their school we are huge supporters of Mercedes Benz - not to be mistaken with the trendy peace sign mkay. oopsie.


and at the little girls' school we had school picture day where lucy wore emma's hand-me-down gumball outfit that was one of my old favorites and kate wore one that I matched on ebay for $16 including shipping. holla. ebay and I have been spending a lot of quality time together and I've been able to match almost every one of emma's 3T outfits. thank you, thank you very much.


and one of my best friends and I have come up with a brilliant plan where we switch children on Thursdays. it's fun...it's easy and when you get a "best day EVA" from the kiddos you know it's working for both the mamas and the kiddos. ummm....winning.


moving into halloween mode - emma drawing the face on the pumpkin being the only thing that she wants to do with carving the pumpkin - oh you know it!


seriously - I told her again this year - "emma, you are such a GIRL". I mean girlfriend is backed into a corner afraid of the slime. please.


costumes at ballet - yes please.


costumes at the neighborhood block party - lovin' it. this picture cracks me up - it's like lucy got word that Anne Sparks was about to jump out of a bush or something. other side of the highway Lulu - she's on the other side.


and this picture makes my heart melt into a thousand pieces. Lucy and one of her BFFs. Apparently Kate's best friend is Miss Ruth which she declared earlier in the night which also makes my heart melt.


and of course wrapping up the month of October is trick-or-treating.




and seeing how I only took THREE pictures the night of halloween, I dressed the little ones back up today and drug them to the gardens to attempt a photo shoot where they refused to look or smile at me no matter how much I bribed them with halloween candy but these are my favorite costumes to date so we went with it. And please ask me where they came from ..... cracker barrel for $17 each. not kidding.







hold on for a second....a bird flew by.



see you next month. Happy Halloween everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment