
So when we left gymnastics I told emma, "okay you've got one hour and it's totally up to you how we spend it." she thought for a second and said, "salsaritas for dinner then homewood park". perfect.


And honestly I kept having to remind myself to push all the thoughts and worries from the day aside but I was finally able to accomplish just that and THAT ended up being exactly what all four of us girls needed after a week with Wade out of town.

I just smiled on the inside and out watching my children laugh and have fun with nothing but an open field and each other.






and I wish I hadn't chopped emma's finger pointing to the sky off in this picture but an airplane flew by and she yelled "daddy's home" even though he was actually sitting in an airport in Minneapolis.

and on the way home emma started signing, "this is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. this is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made." And in my driver's seat I full on let those tears fall because she was exactly right. And then she said, "mom something stinks in the music room at school" and I burst out laughing. life is good.