Friday, August 20, 2010

a fowl week

last fall on a trip to the zoo, two girls watched in horror as construction workers disassembled the butterfly house. there were tears.

BUT the angels joined together in signing the Hallelujah chorus this week as we discovered that the butterflies are back in business!


emma's exact words, "MOM, look it's the butterfly house AGAIN!! Do you remember when we would walk through and always see dead butterflies. OH look, there's one now." cue the moment of silence.


and apparently the zoo lets chickens roam free. lucy was not a fan. the chickens, however, were fans of lucy's snack.


this is how my child would prefer to see them.


and two days after tramatizing my child with free-roaming fowl, I decided to do it again.


and some of us are NOT as scared as others.






poor lulu belle, I had to literally run ahead of her, turn around and snap the picture just to prove that she had joined us on this trip!


ironically, she's definitely my more adventerous child if it doesn't include getting close to any animal other than a dog!


and the only thing that this one is afraid of is being separated from her mama.



see look, I do have three children and they all have faces. sometimes I think my pictures don't really depict that!



peace out ducks! we'll catch you next time!

1 comment: