Monday, December 7, 2009

The Day After

So the day after the girls' first birthday - it snowed! The girls love to look out our windows right now and I'm hoping to use it to my advantage for snapping our Christmas photos which I still haven't done! Hope your mailbox isn't holding its breath - it might be awhile!


Since Lucy just recovered from an ear infection and Kate is now battling an ear infection, we decided that we would just let them enjoy the view and try to get better before their party!


Once I saw the snow, I had to wake Emma up so she could play before it melted! She just couldn't believe it!



All she really wanted to do is to eat the snow!



Well, she also wanted to build a snowman but since we were gloveless, we decided against it!


But she DID have on boots and pants - mark your calendars - I can assure you that it won't happen until it snows again! Of course she changed into a dress immediately once we were safely back inside!





Even the dumpster and port-o-potty look prettier with snow! And I was SO thrilled that they would be here for the girls' birthday party!


AND "black beauty" - my prize and joy when I graduated from college - looks pretty with snow! Dern that antenna - anyone with a 4 Runner knows what I'm talking about!


LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVE our new fence - with or without snow!



Here's hoping for a "white Christmas" but not too white so we can still get out and celebrate with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment