Monday, December 28, 2009

The Christmas Marathon

We started Christmas Eve with round 2 of Santa's cookies. Round 1 had been inadvertently devoured the previous day. We had our fingers crossed that Santa was a big fan of sprinkles too!



Then we had lunch with Santa at VCC with six children 4 years old and younger and we survived to tell about it!


A little Q&A session with Santa led by my oldest nephew!


We let all the girls open one gift each on Christmas Eve. Emma got to choose the gifts and she opted for the first AND only ones that ever saw the bottom of our Christmas tree because it took about 15 seconds of being under there before the babies attacked!


The gifts were from our sweet cousins in Chicago who are always so thoughtful to think of my children! The babies just observed the whole thing so Emma was on triple opening duty!




We're on official countdown at this point. At lunch, Santa had requested chocolate milk so you better BELIEVE we fulfilled our end of the bargain and fished the Hershey's syrup out of the pantry! And could you just eat Emma in this nightgown??!!?? It was a gift from my mom's friend who loves dresses as much as Emma does and Emma put it on exactly two seconds after she opened it and then proceeded to show the electrian installing our new speakers finished with a spinny twirl!


AND Santa kept his end of the bargain too!



Emma took one look at her gifts (probably just to secure a visual sighting of the princess castle) but then she immediately found her gift to Kate and Lucy and wanted them to open it. She can be such a sweet big sister!


So we had to find what Kate and Lucy gave her and she declared that it was exactly what she wanted for Christmas!








So after playing with our new toys for a few hours, we then headed over to my brother's house for lunch and to see what everyone else got from ol' Saint Nick! Puhlease check out what Miss Lucy Pants is doing - if she can reach Kate's plate then she does this every time!


"What are you talking about??!!?" she says!







For whatever reason, my children are obsessed with being on sofas, beds, chairs - pretty much anywhere where they could fall and crack their noggin open!


This is my new favorite gift to give because I was in tears laughing and watching these boys tackle this thing! Although I'm starting to wonder if perhaps you should have the opposing team to tackle - who cares - if you have a boy, get him one - they'll love it!




Sweet Aunt Susu gave the girls their first set of wheels! No lie - I may have to go to Toys R Us and get a third because the oldest one has become severely attached!




The day after Christmas, we loaded up in our school bus and headed to Florence to celebrate with more family! Emma's sweet grandparents shop all year long and love nothing more than spoiling their grandkids rotten which is exactly what a grandparent should do!


This child received several Barbies which have been the biggest hit! I forgot how "good" Barbie's got it - I wish I could rollerskate with my dog and swim with dolphins!








There is something that I absolutely LOVE about this picture - definitely in my top 10 of favorites!





Merry Christmas to me from Wade! Even though I took 343 pictures over the Christmas weekend o' fun and I am not pictured in a single one, we still have evidence that I was apart of the celebrating thanks to this device, "The Flip"! Wade loves nothing more than to "catch me" on camera very unknowingly singing or dancing with my children. Never fails - after I declare that it will for sure be deleted, Emma will bust out with a comment like "Mama, I love Jesus more than anything" so I'm stuck with what I like to call, "my blackmail evidence"! Trust me, when I say you won't see it on the blog!


Home again, home again to try and get everyone back on schedule so maybe, just maybe I can actually sleep in 2010 - here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment