So in light of our busy days, here are things I've neglected lately:
- my exercise regimen
- highlights in my hair
- this BLOG!!!!
But one thing that I have not neglected is my relationship with the Lord. I feel like He shows me different sides of Himself at different times in my life and lately I feel like He has been showing me His sense of humor and I LOVE it!! I love those moments where I give a little fist pump to the sky and say, "Lord you are TOO funny." I also love those moments where you can hear the Holy Spirit whisper in your ear what He wants you to do and then you are instantly covered in chill bumps!! And sometimes He has to repeat Himself because my human nature kicks in and I start thinking but "I really don't want to do that....seriously...that is your plan!?" But His plan has been loud and clear lately.
and guess who else has been LOUD and CLEAR lately?!? my mini drama queens which at times can feel like chickens pecking the life out of me with requests for 100 million trillion diffent things in a day {I read that analogy on someone's blog but now have no idea who to give credit to?!?}.
oldest girlfriend on groundhog's day which is literally her second favorite holiday of the year. She loves groundhogs as much as I love a big glass of wine and a new episode of the Bachelor.
She also loves feathers in her hair and is officially 16 years old. There is a boy in her class that just gave her a hand-made Valentine that said, "emma, I like the way you at it class. and your the nicest girl." I die. And she is the nicest girl. The Lord has blessed Emma with a very compassionate heart and she is also very sensitive and sometimes struggles with the attention that the twins receive from the strangers and non-strangers everywhere that say "ahhh....are they twins?!? they're so cute" and I found her digging through the drawer with bows the other day and she said "mom, maybe if I wear bows too people will say I'm cute like lucy and kate." that right there - was a dagger to my heart. Because girlfriend is breath-takingly beautiful on the inside and out. She is my first-born child and the love I have for her is fierce and unconditional.
this little light-hair lucy does not like to be told "no". At ALL. and everytime I tell her "no" it's like the first time she's ever heard those words and throws the biggest tantrum you've ever seen which can be VERY embarrassing. She's also brilliant beyond brilliant and stubborn and incredibly thoughtful and stubborn and did I mention stubborn because she's really stubborn. She's the most like her daddy but is a total mama's girl. I feel very certain she will be the one that visits me the most at the nursing home later in life ;) when she's not too busy being a CEO and for that I'm grateful!
she also started wanting to pick out her own clothes and "not match". what is UP with my children growing up so fast?!? her new "thing" is to say, "mama I missed you last night" when I get her up in the morning. It makes my whole day. my sweet little lulu, sometimes it's really hard to tell you "no" even when I know it's in your best interest. This is my second-born child and the love I have for her is encompassing and unconditional.
and this little one can melt my heart. She is such an interesting personality mix. At times she can be really feisty and aggressive and then she can turn around and be the most vulnerable child and all you want to do is feed her candy. My favorite story about their different personalities is one day we were at the park and a little boy shoved lucy to the ground. she of course burst into tears and sat next to me the rest of the time we were there which is exactly what I would have done. the little boy then went and shoved kate to the ground and girlfriend stood up, looked at him like "oh no you di'nt" and shoved him right back down to the ground and I did not say one word to her because hello - he deserved it. This one right here isn't going to let anyone push her around and also once she makes up her mind you better watch out. We told her that big girls don't suck their thumbs {which she has done for all of THREE years} and that we couldn't paint her nails until she quit so she DID. cold turkey. not even at night-time. just one day she stopped. God bless her.
She is who she is but be careful of those big brown eyes, sometimes you'll find yourself lost in them. Oh Katie...what are we going to do with you!! I think we'll keep you and love you forever. This is my third-born child and the love I have for her is protective and unconditional.
And that's ALL I've got for right now! I'm scrapping the monthly updates for the time being because I don't have time to add all the pictures but here's hoping for a little more time to be present here a little more!! fingers crossed.