and the little girls' had the EXACT same party this jumping bean had when she turned THREE {but in a new location and better ownership}:
this is what our family looked like when emma turned three {we didn't even know we were having girls at this point :)}
and this is what our family looks like now. Around their birthday, I am especially reminded to praise God for answered prayers.
and I just couldn't help but keep comparing the two similiar parties separated by three years, a lot less sleep and a lot more wrinkles. I thought it would be fun to actually see the comparisons with pictures - for example, my oldest nephew at emma's party:
And now charlie at kate and lucy's party giving his little brother a hand on the same car:
ummm....and at emma's party, speaking of "the little" - for goodness sakes, bring me a tissue:
and three years ago, the watkins party of three didn't even know this wild man was on his way but soon found out about our surprise gift from God a few weeks afterwards.
and thank goodness for surprises because I absolutely canNOT imagine life without HIM!!
emma TERRIFIED and basically forced to do the "car" at her party {look at those long ringlets. sigh.}:
kate 100% NOT terrified and forced to share the "car" at her party!
and it goes without saying that our little daredevil, lulu, loved it too right!?!
so a big happy, happy to my precious three year olds. I couldn't be more thankful.
so bring it on - THREE YEARS OLD - since I'm experienced this time, I know it's going to be a lot of "I do it" and learning how to be independent yet still dependent at the same time {which can be frustrating for all parties involved} but we're off to a great start!! And I can honestly say that as the years have gone by and we have now officially kicked diapers to the curb, it just keeps getting better and better.......